Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
Re: Track your newly ordered 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8-only at JeepGarage.Org

I'd be interested to see where that is published. I think a couple other posts have stated a quantity but I've never seen anything published on the Jeep site or anywhere else confirming that.
Chrysler/Jeep never published that information, it came from [cough cough] "inside sources" :).

I honestly believe they will build as many as they get orders for, just like they do for all the other current SRT vehicles. I'm sure there's a cap but I'm betting Chrysler wants to milk this cow for as much as they can and isn't about to leave anything on the table.
As with the first generation, the volume will be limited.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts

I keep hearing this from you and others yet once production leveled out on the WK SRT8 I could find one in stock at multiple dealerships within 100 miles of my house, most at a discount.
Yes, you might have been able to find ONE in stock at multiple dealerships, but no dealerships ever had their lots full of them. The numbers speak for themselves, on average during the 5-year run of the 1st generation each state only received 5 vehicles per month.

I believe it's really more of an internal target volume than a "limited production".
Production on the Jeep is limited, due to many factors - one being the capacity of the engine plant. Most of the capacity is used up by other models that are not limited production - like the Challenger and Chrysler 300.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts

Re: Grand Cherokee SRT8 launch update - Initial vehicles will be held for extended QC program, first shipments will not leave the plant/QC facility until the last week of August.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts

I heard today that the Canadian SRT orders have been placed behind the US orders (due to more than anticipated demand from the US and therefore lowered allocation to Canada).

Can someone in the know confirm.
All I know is that Canadian order banks are currently not open for Jeep SRT models.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts

Why and how are so many people in PR status? And I am curious why I am not one of them considering the early nature of my order. Have you found any rhyme or reason to this yet Milous?
I haven't really figured out the reason/meaning for the PR assignments. I currently show ~210 vehicles in "PR" and ~70 in D1.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts

I called the dealer today on my SRT8 to see if he had any additional information.. He told me I was at D1 for the last 2 weeks.
I just checked and your VIN does not come up in the system yet, which almost always means that it is not in D1 yet...

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts

Hey Scott, so when my Jeep comes in do I just request a build sheet or how do I get that when the day comes that my SRT comes in?
Finalized build sheets are entered into the system a day or so after the vehicle has rolled off the line. At that time you can send me a PM to request your copy.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts

Can you please look into my order, I am getting no information from my dealership. All they have is a VON#25688602 any info. Would be appreciated. Thanks Matt
Your vehicle is still awaiting scheduling. I have added your VON to my daily check list and will let you know when a VIN is assigned.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.