Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 353 Posts

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts
Re: Track your newly ordered 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8-only at JeepGarage.Org

I keep hearing this from you and others yet once production leveled out on the WK SRT8 I could find one in stock at multiple dealerships within 100 miles of my house, most at a discount.
Yes, you might have been able to find ONE in stock at multiple dealerships, but no dealerships ever had their lots full of them. The numbers speak for themselves, on average during the 5-year run of the 1st generation each state only received 5 vehicles per month.

I believe it's really more of an internal target volume than a "limited production".
Production on the Jeep is limited, due to many factors - one being the capacity of the engine plant. Most of the capacity is used up by other models that are not limited production - like the Challenger and Chrysler 300.

· Registered
409 Posts

This might be why there's such limited vehicles coming out of Jefferson North (where the Jeep Grand Cherokee is built)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-frkbduKw5E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6pSfpQ9ms

B double E double R - U - N -- BEER RUN!!! :D :D

Yep, those are mah boys!! :thumbsup: I am the KING of being efficient, and I'm DAMN PROUD of those guys (except for the WUI and littering of course)!! :D

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts

Re: Grand Cherokee SRT8 launch update - Initial vehicles will be held for extended QC program, first shipments will not leave the plant/QC facility until the last week of August.

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

so mid September we will be flooded with new SRT's! I cant wait!

· Premium Member
2010 SRT8
22 Posts

Well with the QC delay, I figure I will have around a month to drive it before it sits in the garage for the winter. So it's perfect, break her in and then during the winter start improving her =)

· Premium Member
2012 JGC SRT8
1,532 Posts

Well with the QC delay, I figure I will have around a month to drive it before it sits in the garage for the winter. So it's perfect, break her in and then during the winter start improving her =)
Why would it sit in the garage for the winter? It's an AWD vehicle with a Snow mode on the traction control. Just put a proper set of winter tires on it and you're good to go if you live in a harsh winter area or order it with the standard 4 season tires if you don't.

· Registered
1,085 Posts

Why would it sit in the garage for the winter? It's an AWD vehicle with a Snow mode on the traction control. Just put a proper set of winter tires on it and you're good to go if you live in a harsh winter area or order it with the standard 4 season tires if you don't.
exactly, this isn't a Ferrari. In fact, Jeep would probably be embarrassed.

· Premium Member
2010 SRT8
22 Posts

Well we will see how the Jeep performs in the snow but it would have to be a drastic improvement over my 2010. Even with my winter wheel set up, I never felt safe driving in the winter. Just too much power to feel safe in inclement weather with my 2 year old in the car with me. All it takes is a little too much gas in a turn to lose it.

I guess this is where everyone says how good of a driver they are and it is just me blah blah blah. It's just personal preference...

exactly, this isn't a Ferrari. In fact, Jeep would probably be embarrassed.
It makes no difference what brand of car it is to me. In fact, considering my wife drives a 2010 Grand Cherokee and I have this as my winter vehicle

I think the last thing Jeep would be is embarrassed..

· Premium Member
2012 JGC SRT8
1,532 Posts

Well we will see how the Jeep performs in the snow but it would have to be a drastic improvement over my 2010. Even with my winter wheel set up, I never felt safe driving in the winter. Just too much power to feel safe in inclement weather with my 2 year old in the car with me. All it takes is a little too much gas in a turn to lose it.
Hopefully they solved that issue for you

Snow Mode - Provides the most conservative dynamic mode, so the vehicle will safely stay in-line in winter weather conditions.
Regardless, it looks like you have the winter covered and if you can afford to park the WK2 for the winter then that's great. I don't think Jeep would be ashamed ;)

· Premium Member
2012 Jeep SRT8
196 Posts

I have my VON and will now wait for the VIN. I waited for Red so there will be some Silvers, Blacks and Grays ahead of me in the order queue. This is my second Jeep SRT8. My first one was delivered in January 2006. Milous tracked the VIN and determined that, excluding prototypes, test mules and those reserved for Chrysler big shots, it was the first sold in PA and the 12th or 13th in all of North America. A bit of a collectors item so I'm keeping it.

I also have my control number for affiliate pricing, but I don't have a strong feeling that Chrysler and the dealer will include SRTs in the program, especially since ours are 2012 model year and the current program is for 2011 model year. What do you guys think will happen?

· Premium Member
2012 JGC SRT8
1,532 Posts

I also have my control number for affiliate pricing, but I don't have a strong feeling that Chrysler and the dealer will include SRTs in the program, especially since ours are 2012 model year and the current program is for 2011 model year. What do you guys think will happen?
Honestly, it's not looking good for Affiliate pricing on the 2012 SRT's. If I were you I would get something in writing that they will sell you the SRT for Invoice if Affiliate isn't honored.

The Affiliate thing will probably put me in the position of not getting one in 2012 unless my dealer feels like doing me a favor (yeah, right :lol: ) With the hit I'll take on my 2011 Overland I need to get close to Invoice to make the deal work for my accountant (wife).

· Registered
1,716 Posts

Hopefully they solved that issue for you

Regardless, it looks like you have the winter covered and if you can afford to park the WK2 for the winter then that's great. I don't think Jeep would be ashamed ;)
Why not just make the snow mode reduce the horsepower by half to accommodate?

Honestly, it's not looking good for Affiliate pricing on the 2012 SRT's. If I were you I would get something in writing that they will sell you the SRT for Invoice if Affiliate isn't honored.

The Affiliate thing will probably put me in the position of not getting one in 2012 unless my dealer feels like doing me a favor (yeah, right :lol: ) With the hit I'll take on my 2011 Overland I need to get close to Invoice to make the deal work for my accountant (wife).
They will offer the affiliate pricing. My dealer said they never release the details until they go on sale. Mine will honor it either way since it isn't a huge discount any regular person couldn't negotiate.

· Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,191 Posts

They will offer the affiliate pricing. My dealer said they never release the details until they go on sale. Mine will honor it either way since it isn't a huge discount any regular person couldn't negotiate.
I agree with this. Even if they offer Affiliate on it, I'm going to start by trying to negotiate for far more below invoice. I don't really care one way or the other, I'm really good at negotating and I'll get it done. Now, if Jeep would just hurry up and offer it in the color I want.

· Registered
1,716 Posts

I agree with this. Even if they offer Affiliate on it, I'm going to start by trying to negotiate for far more below invoice. I don't really care one way or the other, I'm really good at negotating and I'll get it done. Now, if Jeep would just hurry up and offer it in the color I want.
Same here, most of my cars I get at 5% below invoice. I always tell the dealers to start at invoice and work down from there. So many dealers and I don't mind traveling.

· Registered
263 Posts

Same here, most of my cars I get at 5% below invoice. I always tell the dealers to start at invoice and work down from there. So many dealers and I don't mind traveling.
That might work later on, but you think you can do that this early in the SRT8 WK2's release?

· Premium Member
2012 JGC SRT8
1,532 Posts

5% below invoice, I don't think so! Not without incentives. Come on, think about it, how can a dealer stay in business if he's selling you a car for less than he paid unless that loss is being covered by some backend payment. Sure, there's holdback (which they get) and advertising co-op (which they might get) but that's less than 5% of invoice so they have to get additional incentives to do those kinds of deals and there aren't likely to be any incentives on SRT's, ever!

· Registered
SRT8
139 Posts
5% below invoice, I don't think so! Not without incentives. Come on, think about it, how can a dealer stay in business if he's selling you a car for less than he paid unless that loss is being covered by some backend payment. Sure, there's holdback (which they get) and advertising co-op (which they might get) but that's less than 5% of invoice so they have to get additional incentives to do those kinds of deals and there aren't likely to be any incentives on SRT's, ever!
I can see 5% above dealer cost and 5% below sticker, but if he/she can get 5% below dealer cost PM me where lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Look at the 2011.....there have been 0 incentives! Correct? They don't need them.....they have sold very, very well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 353 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.