Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts
Re: Track your newly ordered 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8-only at JeepGarage.Org

Can Milous tell all the patient SRT8 fans in Australia what the current stus is with vehicles manufactured for Oz, how many have been shipped and how many already delivered to Australia. We still await the official launch of GJC SRT8 downunder !
Only 83 have been built as of today, still part of the 1-per dealer batch. Here was my last update:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showpost.php?p=627887&postcount=73

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts

Hi Milous, has there been any change since May 10 with regard to Australian production? My order won't be allocated an VIN until the vehicle launch, apparently Jeep Australia want to build up an inventory before the launch??
2012 model year production ended on Friday 29th. The grand total for Australia ended up at 132 vehicles, distributed as follows:

Adelaide 004
Brisbane 031
Fremantle 019
Melbourne 043
Sydney 035

About 35 of the 132 vehicles were just built in the past 10 days or so, most of those will not reach Australia until early-mid August.

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts

Do we know if the 2013 models have been made yet for australia. As i have one on order and i only want the 2013 model
is there a way to tell the 2012 vs 2013 model apart please.
2013 SRT production started today (including Australia). No way really to tell them apart other than by VIN number.

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts
re: Track your newly ordered 2012-2013-2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8-only at JeepGarage.Org

Hi Milous - I have been told that my MY2013 WK2SRT8 (Black) is not that far off being delivered (to Australia) if possible could you let me know where it is up to on your system. They have been saying for some time that we are expecting a mid December shipment arrival.
Built 10/3/12. Plant release 10/08/12. Departed USA on 11/03/2012. ETA 12/06/12.

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts
re: Track your newly ordered 2012-2013-2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8-only at JeepGarage.Org

ETA is estimated port arrival. No other details, next update will show when it hits the port. Regarding the builds, they often work on weekends, so for some workers any day could be a "Friday" :lol:

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts
Re: Track your newly ordered 2012-2013-2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8-only at JeepGarage.Or

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this comment but I wanted to ask Milous: Do you have any idea when the 2014 will go on sale in the Middle east? Or when they will start the production of the 2014?
I'm from the Middle east and I'm planning to buy a 2013 SRT but I'm afraid that the 2014 will go on sale withen 4 or 5 months after buying the car :(
I answered in other post, eta for arrival would be 2nd quarter. Check back for updates once productions gets started.

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts
Re: Track your newly ordered 2012-2018 Grand Cherokee SRT-only at JeepGarage.Org

Update on my ordered 2018 Jeep GC SRT. A share, others might be in same boat????. 7/7/2017 ordered (POC provided by Dealer). 7/13 it went to D1 status with a 8/1 ESTIMATED ship date. 8/2/2017 SRT's not entering production line, working on info on estimates of when or if it will enter production line. Hope to hear from the dealer in a day or two on what's up! Milous has provided assistance as he always does. Anyone have any info I would be grateful on any sharing.
Production has started for the 2018 WK2 SRT's. Yours is currently in Framing :).

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts
Re: Track your newly ordered 2012-2018 Grand Cherokee SRT-only at JeepGarage.Org

...Ready to order my new SRT and order books show only black interior. Anyone know what's up with this. I have a wife that really, really wants the red.
Black or Black/Sepia are the only choices that are showing in the system. At this time I do not know if they will be offering Ruby. I will keep an eye out for any new information.

· Premium Member
7,337 Posts

Thanks Milous, seems like the SRT's require additional production activities that non-SRT's don' t require. Estimated ship dates are shorter on the tracking link for non-SRT GC's.
Comments?
Nothing different really as far as production timing. Parts availability can sometimes alter production timing. Estimated ship dates can and do change often. Once a vehicle reaches KZ the ETA to dealer date becomes more accurate.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.