Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud to fly the Jeep flag instead of the SRT logo so looking for one of these airbags if anyone swapped theirs out. Thanks!
Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
145 Posts
did you just order the SRT steering wheel and swap out the OEM wheel?
Proud to fly the Jeep flag instead of the SRT logo so looking for one of these airbags if anyone swapped theirs out. Thanks!
View attachment 236918
Did you need to order a new steering wheel to make this happen? If so, how did you do it? I'm looking at getting the same wheel to replace my 2021 WK2 Trailhawk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I happened on a killer deal on a 2016 Hellcat wheel on my local Craigslist so I'm doing the swap, and while I can use the standard ole HA airbag I'd prefer the Jeep Trackhawk version for the fit, and because is says "Jeep" and not "SRT" - I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking mine is anything except a regular ole CG :D

Looks like I'll also need to rework the heat wiring connection on the new wheel to match with my stock wiring connectors in order to do a "complete" swap, probably due to the discrepancy in model years but I'm thinking I should be able to simply repin the wheel wires with new matching connectors, but we'll see. I've got correct connectors on order but they won't arrive until next week so I guess we'll see for sure then. Besides that little hiccup I'm hoping for a simple plug and play swap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I happened on a killer deal on a 2016 Hellcat wheel on my local Craigslist so I'm doing the swap, and while I can use the standard ole HA airbag I'd prefer the Jeep Trackhawk version for the fit, and because is says "Jeep" and not "SRT" - I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking mine is anything except a regular ole CG :D

Looks like I'll also need to rework the heat wiring connection on the new wheel to match with my stock wiring connectors in order to do a "complete" swap, probably due to the discrepancy in model years but I'm thinking I should be able to simply repin the wheel wires with new matching connectors, but we'll see. I've got correct connectors on order but they won't arrive until next week so I guess we'll see for sure then. Besides that little hiccup I'm hoping for a simple plug and play swap.
What did you even search for? For instance, I would google 2021 JGC SRT steering wheel

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's Craigslist so I was just doing broad search terms. I'm not even exactly sure what I was searching when this wheel popped up but it might have been simply "hemi" in the Auto Parts section. I got lucky with this since I wasn't really looking for it but they're out there. If you wanted to order through Mopar/OEM it would probably cost about twice what I paid, or probably a little more than that - I haven't priced out all the individual parts like bezels, harnesses, paddle shifters, etc. that make up the wheel on any OEM sites. It all depends on how much you want to spend really...

I just figured out how to send direct messages on this site so I just sent you one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts