Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a possibility of starting a Trackhawk 1/8-1/4 mile drag racing database?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a drawer full of slips to add if we do.

How’d you do this weekend Darth?
My times were all over the place because I was experimenting with launch rpms. I was losing traction at 2800 rpm using launch function with about 34 lbs of tire pressure. My best run was 11.79 @ 114 with 2400rpm launch and my worst (first run) was [email protected] (forgot to go into Track mode) at 2800 rpm launch control. I will continue to experiment with the different variables. Will try using foot brake next Friday to compare with launch function. Would like to get lighter wheels and stickier tires to launch at higher rpms.

·
Registered
Michael
440 Posts
My times were all over the place because I was experimenting with launch rpms. I was losing traction at 2800 rpm using launch function with about 34 lbs of tire pressure. My best run was 11.79 @ 114 with 2400rpm launch and my worst (first run) was [email protected] (forgot to go into Track mode) at 2800 rpm launch control. I will continue to experiment with the different variables. Will try using foot brake next Friday to compare with launch function. Would like to get lighter wheels and stickier tires to launch at higher rpms.
I did same. First 4 trips were run in auto setting. I was too busy fussing with LC.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,993 Posts

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
As I have posted before. I've only made one serious attempt "so far" at the 1/4 and the conditions were not exactly perfect. Not bad, but not perfect. Ran a 11.5 @ 119. That was a couple of months ago but I think I was in track mode and launched with about 2200 rpm power brake. I don't think I'm going to beat that until cooler weather comes back.

I know I got wheel slippage on all four wheels on that run so I'm sure I can do better. I have been working on the best launch techniques with my 0-60 sprints which is an absolute blast to toy with.

I finally demonstrated a 0-60 run with the wife in the car the other day. When we got home, I had to look up some of the words she used. I won't do that again,,,, with her in the car!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The DA is going to make a very big difference in the times we run. I live in South Texas ad DA here is always going to be less than ideal. Sure Wish I lived up North!! LOL

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
The DA is going to make a very big difference in the times we run. I live in South Texas ad DA here is always going to be less than ideal. Sure Wish I lived up North!! LOL
If you mean up north like around Dallas or maybe even Lubbock or Amarillo, then that's okay, otherwise you need to turn in your Texas passport at the border. :lol:

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
I'm getting to know this beast a lot better after making a number of runs under different conditions over the past few months.

I've noticed on full throttle launches in both auto and sports mode, I can feel and hear a very slight hesitation on shifts from 1st to 2nd (sometimes). I never get this in track mode. Of course I'm thinking the big difference is the traction control is "on" in auto and sports mode and "off" in track mode. I think I'm feeling the traction control system kick in under heavy acceleration in auto and sports mode as it catches a "little wheel" slippage between 1st and 2nd. No wonder why my times are a little slower in auto and sports modes than I get in track mode.

I've also noticed that when in track mode, all four wheels are slipping more on a heavy launch. Not enough to do a serious "burn out" but it's much more noticeable than the first few runs when the tires and car were brand new. So I've had to back off my power braking a little more to control wheel spin off the line. Can my Pirellie's already be loosing some grip after only 7k miles?

Anyone else noticing this "stuff"?

I haven't beat my best 0-60 time yet (3.1) but I'm getting it almost every time I make a serious attempt now. I guess constancy is important but I'd sure like to see a 2.9 at least once! I guess I'm going to play with launch control next to see if that can make any appreciable difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts