Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Jeep. I've never owned one before and I absolutely love it.
However, with a Hemi I don't get amazing miles (knew it before I bought it) and now I may need to drive more for work.

No one has 2013 Used Values - any idea what I may get trading this in?

2013 Overland, Hemi, 1200 miles. Window sticker was $48k. I need $41,122 to terminate my lease, but defeinitely would want more to cover my out of pockets when I bought 1 month ago.

NOTE: Possibly for sale....

·
The Negotiator
5,350 Posts
I would think you could get $42 if not more for it. Nothing on KBB?

·
The Negotiator
5,350 Posts
Then my best suggestion would be to take it to the dealer and see what they will do. if your going to a V6 Overland, they might do a straight up trade or just owe a little.

·
Registered
Limited
1,660 Posts
I ran a check on NADA- no trade in values yet.
Even though sticker was 48K the initial depreciation hit will be tough. You may be better off holding on a little longer to get more for trade unless the gas mileage is just too costly.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
Are you trading in only because of gas mileage? Are you going to get a Prius or another SUV?

Its been proven over and over that selling a vehicle to buy one better on gas never saves you money.

With the taxes you'll pay, you could pay for years of gas... never mind the depreciation factor.

Are you driving FOR work, or driving TO work? If FOR work, are you not getting reimbursed for mileage from your company?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gas and payment. I'm comfortable with the payment but I'd probably look to get an Accord or similar so the payments will definitely go down and the gas expense will too. Right now I fill up weekly ($80/tank) with my prior car I filled up every 2 weeks at $80 so I'll cut my gas bill back in half as well.
Taxes are a concern because I paid a boat load due to NY taxing you on "rebates" -****ers!

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
yeah, we have the tax "break" in MA for a trade in as well...but that's only the start. We have Excise tax too. On a $45-50K vehicle, you're looking at about a grand the first year. that's a lot of gas!

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you are on a lease forget it, dealers don't give crap about pulling you out of the lease -- I know from personal experience. Your best option is to swap your lease with someone else. If you did put a lot down as down-payment thereby reducing monthly payments it can be a good deal for whoever is willing to get it. Regardless, whatever $ you've already put down is a loss. Check the lease swap websites.

·
Registered
77 Posts
$80 a week is nothing. If you can afford a $48,000 truck u can afford to put gas in it at $80/week. I don't know your personal financial situation so I can't really speak on your behalf and don't take offense to my comments, but I don't think $320/month is that bad. You will lose way too much trading it in. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The OP said he currently spends $80/wk on gas, with his work changes he will have to spend $80 every other day.
You are in kind of a tough spot. Is there another car in the household you can use? If not, your best bet would be to try to swap the lease or find a dealer that will buy out your lease and let you trade it for another car. A Jeep dealer would probably be the most likely to do this, as they will be able to sell it easier. If you want to sell it through private sale, you will likely have to buy out the lease first then sell it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
He said he "could be spending $80 every other day" but it doesn't sound like he is certain. I would say try it for a couple weeks or a month and see how much it really ends up being. Is it possible your company can compensate you for the additional driving? A raise or stipend?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am looking for KBB, NADA, edmunds trade-in values for a 2013 as well without any luck (I have a 13 base limited with 4K miles). I would assume to take the 2012 value and add at least $1K.

I am looking to upgrade to a 2014 GC and I know I am going to take a hit. Luckily, thanks with some help on this board, I have a dealer willing to go well below invoice similar to the DC group buy, but he's under-valuing my trade by at least $3K to recoup.

Anyone have any experience trading in a 2013 or know what others are getting back?

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah right now... could end up being 80$ every other day as I said I am driving more for my job.
So you buy yourself an older more fuel efficient vehicle to rack the miles up on, and keep the Jeep for your car. A lot of guys at work that live 50+ miles away do this, they have older cars for their daily commuters, and then have nicer cars that they have for themselves.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts