Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 WK2 Laredo E
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
prices on trading in a 2012 laredo X

I am wondering if anybody has recently tried to trade in a 2012 V6 Laredo X 4x4 and what kind of values where you getting from the dealers? Something like 8000-12000 miles I would presume for that year.

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Rutt-roh...do you have "the itch" for a MY14, Z? :)

Seriously, there have been a couple of folks that posted about trading in MY12 vehicles. You might do ok given you seem to keep your car nice and have made it even nicer with some little upgrades. No harm in asking some dealers...

·
Registered
14 WK2 Laredo E
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made the mistake of playing with the new touch screen.... It's tough for me to translate overland prices but I think a laredo X would be comparable to my vehicle. I used the Autotrader instant offer tool and they came up with 25K. I would need more like 27K to make it work.. I think it maybe possible but I'd rather not waste a day at a dealer to find out.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Remember though, that even though you have added the features of a Laredo X, you won't get the value of a Laredo X. Its not a Laredo X, its a Laredo E...

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
I went in on Saturday and got them down to 3.5% below invoice on a 2014 Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 with QDII and CD player = $45,919 + 199 doc fee. And trade price of $38,318 for my 2012 Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 with 17,000 miles. So about $8,000 to trade. I walked out without buying. When I walked out the door mine was parked in front of the 2014. Both Brilliant Black. I compared both real good and prefer mine.

·
Registered
2020 JGC Limited X
23 Posts
I think that you could get about $30000 Just traded my 2008 Overland V8 4x4 with nearly 77000 miles for a 2014 Summit V8...dealer gave me $17000.

·
Registered
14 WK2 Laredo E
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Remember though, that even though you have added the features of a Laredo X, you won't get the value of a Laredo X. Its not a Laredo X, its a Laredo E...
Well I've certainly added MANY of the feature of the X. One might say the ones I haven't added, you don't really want to pay for anyway, which is why I didn't buy a X. Also, since all my upgrades are dealer installed they are also all covered under the vehicle warranty. I was going to subtract $500 - -$750 on a realistic Laredo X value... I supposed I could have also asked for Laredo E's and added $1000-$1500. The laredo's have such a wide value range, any non-overland data points would help.

I think that you could get about $30000 Just traded my 2008 Overland V8 4x4 with nearly 77000 miles for a 2014 Summit V8...dealer gave me $17000.
Well 30K would be more then I paid for it

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Time is in your favor right now relative to getting it evaluated for trade. Make an appointment for that with the sales dude/dudette you did business with last time (if you were happy with the dealer and/or if they are still employed there) so that your time is minimized. And tell them that you may bite on a new MY14 if the deal is right. May be best to do this toward the end of the month...would have been even better last week at the end of the quarter. That exercise will let you know if it's worth checking other dealers out, too...such as one of the high-volume Jeep dealers like Cherry Hill or Barbera in NE Phila.

·
Registered
2013 jeep Laredo x
18 Posts
i have the '13 and i got a lowball offer 24k at the most, im going to my dealership and hopfully i get a better offer, depends the dealership too

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well I've certainly added MANY of the feature of the X. One might say the ones I haven't added, you don't really want to pay for anyway, which is why I didn't buy a X. Also, since all my upgrades are dealer installed they are also all covered under the vehicle warranty. I was going to subtract $500 - -$750 on a realistic Laredo X value... I supposed I could have also asked for Laredo E's and added $1000-$1500. The laredo's have such a wide value range, any non-overland data points would help.
When they type the VIN in though, its a Laredo E. They can't sell it as a Laredo X, they have to list your improvements as aftermarket and that doesn't add much value. It doesn't have the X package, and they won't pay you as if it did.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,732 Posts
When they type the VIN in though, its a Laredo E. They can't sell it as a Laredo X, they have to list your improvements as aftermarket and that doesn't add much value. It doesn't have the X package, and they won't pay you as if it did.
I had most of my upgrades added to my sales codes which shows up with a VIN build sheet scan :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 WK2 Laredo E
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I had most of my upgrades added to my sales codes which shows up with a VIN build sheet scan :thumbsup:
Same here... besides a generic vin report doesn't indicate Laredo x vs e -- they are all just Laredo by vin. It's the vehicle sales order that lists the options, my dealer went as far as recoding my model as an x. Others on the forum have also had this done.

Swo3es... are you just making stuff up or are you speaking from experience. You really don't think custom dealer installed and Mopar certified leather interior adds value?? Even car max gave me 700 for the leather option.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
But they're still not going to give you a bunch of money for them at trade in time.

I can't put HIDs, chrome mirrors and door handles on my Laredo X and expect to get trade in figured for a Limited either.

·
The "REAL" JeepGarage Founder
1,379 Posts
$25.5k for my 11 V6 X with 51k miles. I added OEM 20's, Altitude grille, full debadge with everything smoked. It was listed for $29, 900 and sold 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
14 WK2 Laredo E
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Worked with the dealer I purchased my 2012 from and they are willing to conditionally offer $27,000 as long as the condition is I describe. Now I am waiting for their price on a 2014 Limited V8... I am gonna use that DC group buy as a target, hopefully they can get close.

·
Registered
14 WK2 Laredo E
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't have all the specifics but the dealer came back with $519/mo for 36mo w/ 12k miles a year and $1500 OTD, assumes break even equity in my trade, on a 2014 limited w/ MSRP of $44,655.

·
Registered
14 WK2 Laredo E
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This dealer has a bunch of 2013 Overland, Limited and a few trail hawks left. I am waiting to see if they can get me the $5000 rebate offered by leasing through hahn. Would be tough to give up the tech improvements in the 2014.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Don't negotiate based on the payments...get the lowest price you can first and the low payment will come...

If you negotiate based on the payment they can hide profit all over the place...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts