Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Summit?
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sticky says it is standard on the 2014 Overland and Summit, but my dealer said he didn't think so. Can anyone verify this one way or the other?

Thanks,
SF

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Yes it is standard on the Overland and Summit. On the Summit, it is behind a little panel that you have to remove to see.

·
Registered
2014 Summit?
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, SnoFire. That clears up a lot. The pics don't show the receiver and now I know why.

SF

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Weird, on the the Jeep site when you build your own, when you add the Hemi to the 4x2 model it removes "ECO" mode. Hmmmm.....

For some reason ECO mode is an option on 4x2 models?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does any of you guys with a summit have any idea how do I remove the cover panel to access the hitch in the back of the car? I've found 2 "switches" bellow it, but I can't get the cover panel out! :-(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does any of you guys with a summit have any idea how do I remove the cover panel to access the hitch in the back of the car? I've found 2 "switches" bellow it, but I can't get the cover panel out! :-(
Not sure, I just got mine and haven't messed around with it yet. I look forward to finding out myself. Although it has to be in the owners manual. I would look there for guidance.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but someone on here mentioned that you loosen the 2 lower fasteners and then you have to give the panel a pretty good tug to get it free.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but someone on here mentioned that you loosen the 2 lower fasteners and then you have to give the panel a pretty good tug to get it free.
I believe so, looks like that's what needs to be done, couldn't find information on the manual, but there is the two fasteners in the lower bumper, and probably you need to pull down hard and it should come out!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I can picture someone ripping it off like Chevy Chase did to his license plate in "Vacation".

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I can picture someone ripping it off like Chevy Chase did to his license plate in "Vacation".
Funny, I saw a tech at the dealership remove the hitch cover on a 2014 Summit by removing the 2 plastic retainers that are at the bottom, then he gave it a strong pull, and the cover almost hit him in the face.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does anyone else think it odd that Jeep GC proudly boasts its towing prowess of 7,400 pounds, its go anywhere do anything design and construction then hides that vulgur tacky tow hitch behind a cover so as not to offend those with more delicate consitutions? Chevy, Yukons, and others have used hidden hitches for years, but this is Jeep GC, the rootin' shootin' all terraian vehicle!

Just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Does anyone else think it odd that Jeep GC proudly boasts its towing prowess of 7,400 pounds, its go anywhere do anything design and construction then hides that vulgur tacky tow hitch behind a cover so as not to offend those with more delicate consitutions? Chevy, Yukons, and others have used hidden hitches for years, but this is Jeep GC, the rootin' shootin' all terraian vehicle!

Just sayin'.
Same as the other brands.... Had the Yukon, you only get the Hitch cover at the Denali level... My SLT DID NOT come with a cover, it was "exposed" the whole time I had it.

As for the functionality, if they ever build mine, I will let you know how many times I hit myself in the face with the cover!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts

Just sayin'.
There are lots of covered hitches ... you just never see them. :lol:

---

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Summit 5.7L 165,000mi going for 200K
26 Posts
Any update on this ? When I unlock the two half-turn fasteners on the bottom I can get my hands under neath. Don't know if I'm supposed to pull the top down vertically or out horizontally ? Sounds like the latter of the two. A bit annoyed that a few things like this aren't even mentioned in the manual but nothing critical. I don't mind it hidden but also don't want to break the cover cause I have no clue as of yet what it looks like with the cover off ! Anyone have a pic ?

·
Super Moderator
10,683 Posts
If you scoot your head under it, can you see from below and behind how it should come off?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts