Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just picked up a ‘20 Trailhawk Sting Gray. She loves it. Couple questions:

1. How is it to maintain and clean the “suede” seats? Do they stain easily? That was my only reservation about not getting the luxury package that come with full leather.

2. Where’s the cargo privacy shade?? It’s a $46K vehicle. My ‘15 Limited came with one. Salesmen told me they don’t come with them.

·
Registered
GC TH
332 Posts
Welcome to the Sting-gray club! Mine came with the shade, so I would yell at someone or contact JeepCares. As far as the suede, a damp rag should take care of most issues. Someone else will probably chime in with a better answer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Sting-gray club! Mine came with the shade, so I would yell at someone or contact JeepCares. As far as the suede, a damp rag should take care of most issues. Someone else will probably chime in with a better answer.
Thanks! I’m definitely following up with the shade. The salesman tried to tell me that the Summit didn’t even come with one. He was more concerned with us giving him a positive review on some website then actually providing us with great customer care.

It came with the all weather mats but not the all weather cargo liner. Did yours come with that?

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
494 Posts
I have a MY18, the cargo liner I purchased online when I got MY17, and then moved it over the the 18 when I traded. I heard the cargo shade cover is no longer included starting in the MY19s. Not sure if that is totally true or if its true for all trims, but I think I remember hearing about that no longer being included starting with the 19s....

I had the suede inserts on MY17, I had the Jeep for 2 years/22k miles before I traded I didn't have any issue keeping them clean.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I'd tell the salesman that he "might" get a positive review if he gets you the privacy shade that comes with the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If the cargo cover is not included with a specific trim it should be available as a Mopar accessory but hold onto your wallet.
Purchased one from the dealership for my old Jeep Patriot.

As a side note the good news, my Jeep XJ came from the factory with a cargo cover.
The bad news, its a cheezy drooping fabric cover that hooks onto interior eyelets at each of its corners.

·
Registered
GC TH
332 Posts
My ‘19 TH did come with the cargo cover, so I’d assume someone yanked it to use for their vehicle. Mine did not have the cargo mat in the rear, but I got the 3W brand from Amazon for $65 and I like it better than WeatherTech stuff I’ve had previously.

·
Registered
749 Posts
My ‘14 Limited came with the shade, but mine was ordered and I was there when the carrier delivered it to the dealer (so I could save the build sheet and all the other tags that came down the assembly line when it was being built). Unless it was “de contented” for 2020, sounds like it was pilfered for another Jeep.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
If they keep pushing the "it doesn't come with the privacy cover" routine, you might take some screen shots of your model and year from dealers and sites like Auto Trader that show the cover in the rear cargo pictures. Wouldn't it be ironic if your dealer has pictures online showing the cover in place?

·
Super Moderator
8,408 Posts

·
Registered
GC TH
332 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,408 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The cargo shade is included with the Luxury Package on the MY20 Trailhawk.
U know where I can find that info? Just purchased a MY20 with luxury package and no cargo shade was included. Think I'll contact the dealer. Thanks

Also, anyone know if rubber mats are supposed to be included? I was told that cloth was standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
U know where I can find that info? Just purchased a MY20 with luxury package and no cargo shade was included. Think I'll contact the dealer. Thanks

Also, anyone know if rubber mats are supposed to be included? I was told that cloth was standard.
Sure, here is the link to Jeep’s official website listing what is included in the “Trailhawk Luxury Group.”

Build & Price a 2020 Jeep® Grand Cherokee today! | Jeep

(Just scroll down to the Trailhawk Luxury Package and you will see the cargo shade listed.)

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,132 Posts
I've never had Suede Car Seats but have had lots of Suede leather in other products.... ....my last few year in the Marines we had switched to the modern digital Camo utility uniform, that had suede boots.... ....there were entirely different care and maintenance products we had to switch to and using the wrong stuff could ruin the appearance of the boots... ....one thing that was different, that I couldn't believe, but it actually worked, it was very easy to rub the texture smooth on some spots on the boots, there was a special wire brush (it didn't really look that special, it was soft and probably stainless so a corroded brush didn't stain the leather), but you used the metal brush to rough up the leather surface to bring back the suede texture, on any bald spots that developed....

Usually Leather seats are made of top quality durable leather.... ...Suede is more delicate tan smooth leather, in at least the textured surface of the Suede... ....so you have to be very careful with leather cleaner and treatment products that can change the color and surface.... ....wish I could tell you use product "X", but I simply don't know that, I can just warn you, what works for regular leather could make a mess of Suede, so try anything in an inconspicuous spot first...

Personally, I've used the Chemical Brother Leather Cleaning and Conditioning kit, I like the results... ...I don't know if it will produce the same results with Suede...

Yes, it makes a lot of sense that as current generation is dying out and new one coming along, they would want to deplete inventories that they can not re-use in the next generation, and not order more inventory, so options start to get taken away the last year of the generation.....

The Mopar Slush Mats is a Mopar Accessory, I think they can be ordered as an option if your ordering new....
I got my Mopar Slush Mats off eBay for a third of what the Dealer is asking. They are a bit thick, to make up the deep pocketed channels to hold the water/mud, but soft....
Love the rear cargo area mat, just the right softness with rubber surface, anything with any weight is gripped by the rubber and won't move around while driving at all....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

All i can say is my '18 TrailHawk with luxury pkg. came with both the retractable cargo cover and all rubber high wall slush type floor mats with the Grand Cherokee logo no less.
Those half rubber half cloth type mats are garbage IMO especially for us folks in the Northern tundra States or for off road mudding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never had Suede Car Seats but have had lots of Suede leather in other products.... ....my last few year in the Marines we had switched to the modern digital Camo utility uniform, that had suede boots.... ....there were entirely different care and maintenance products we had to switch to and using the wrong stuff could ruin the appearance of the boots... ....one thing that was different, that I couldn't believe, but it actually worked, it was very easy to rub the texture smooth on some spots on the boots, there was a special wire brush (it didn't really look that special, it was soft and probably stainless so a corroded brush didn't stain the leather), but you used the metal brush to rough up the leather surface to bring back the suede texture, on any bald spots that developed....

Usually Leather seats are made of top quality durable leather.... ...Suede is more delicate tan smooth leather, in at least the textured surface of the Suede... ....so you have to be very careful with leather cleaner and treatment products that can change the color and surface.... ....wish I could tell you use product "X", but I simply don't know that, I can just warn you, what works for regular leather could make a mess of Suede, so try anything in an inconspicuous spot first...

Personally, I've used the Chemical Brother Leather Cleaning and Conditioning kit, I like the results... ...I don't know if it will produce the same results with Suede...

Yes, it makes a lot of sense that as current generation is dying out and new one coming along, they would want to deplete inventories that they can not re-use in the next generation, and not order more inventory, so options start to get taken away the last year of the generation.....

The Mopar Slush Mats is a Mopar Accessory, I think they can be ordered as an option if your ordering new....
I got my Mopar Slush Mats off eBay for a third of what the Dealer is asking. They are a bit thick, to make up the deep pocketed channels to hold the water/mud, but soft....
Love the rear cargo area mat, just the right softness with rubber surface, anything with any weight is gripped by the rubber and won't move around while driving at all....
Stop right there! I gotta know right now! Before we go any further! Is the suede really suede?

Hint - no it isn't.

Put that metal brush away.

The "suede" is a generic Alcantara. Here is how to care for ultrasuede.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts