Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Corvette Z06
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Trailhawk up on the lift today to change the oil and filter. While I had it up there, decided to take some pics of the undercarriage. When I was considering buying the Trailhawk over the other GC models, the included skid plates caught my eye. Not that I ever intend to really need them, but heck, you just never know. Better to have them and not need them, then need them and not need them. But I really wasn't able to find any specific info on exactly what plates would come on the Trailhawk natively.

So in case anyone else wonders the same thing, perhaps some pics would be helpful.

I do have to admit, however, that I was a bit surprised that the transmission is not protected at all.

This is with the 5.7 hemi engine, btw, in case it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
These guys make good gear

·
Registered
Corvette Z06
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it is just me, but I guess I expected that when I saw that the Trailhawk included skid plates, that ALL pertinent skid plates would have been included. Not just some or them, excluding the transmission and differential, which I guess must not be all that important to protect from damage while off roading.

Not that there is going to be much chance of rock damage here in north Florida, though. But still....

I guess that sometimes I just expect too much. :)

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
841 Posts
If only we lived in a perfect world. It's sad that people (companies) don't do what's best for their customers.

·
Registered
Corvette Z06
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I hear that. But sometimes Jeep (Mopar) really has me scratching my head over their decisions.

For instance.....

They put on that shield under the front of the engine, but even though the cut out for the oil filter and drain plug access obviously was designed to have an access door there, they don't put one in place. Just boggles my mind sometimes.

·
Registered
GC TH
308 Posts
Pffft. You don’t need the trans, anyway. 🤪

Several companies make them, but I agree it’s dumb that wasn’t included in the skid plate Pkg.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
812 Posts
Interested to hear why not?
I have their transmission skid plate and it’s well made and fits perfectly!
I also have their rear tie down up grade which is just as well made
Have you had a bad experience?
They make good products but way overpriced and never have anything in stock. $458.00 for 2 front tow hooks and $229.00 for the tranny plate :( That's insane!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts