Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference in maximum tire size that can fit on a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk than the non-Trailhawk QL equipped GCs, would like to be able to fit 33s but from what I can tell a 32 is the largest size without fender modification or some programming change for the QL. Thank you for any information.

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
No, there is no difference in max tire size without physical body modification... ~32". And don't forget you need to change your spare to one of the same diameter you select as well as your speedo and odo will no longer be accurate. The dealer cannot change that and apparently the only solution is a Diablo tuner which is a somewhat expensive item.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
523 Posts

·
Registered
Trailhawk
18 Posts
I haven't had any rubbing yet. No rubbing in aero or sport mode. It is VERY tight in std mode but it doesn't appear to rub. Entry/exit mode it does not touch either. I do not have Hemi. My Trailhawk was bought in Oct 2016 and they didn't have hemi as option but I believe they are going to in future.

Reactions: Governor

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
523 Posts
I haven't had any rubbing yet. No rubbing in aero or sport mode. It is VERY tight in std mode but it doesn't appear to rub. Entry/exit mode it does not touch either. I do not have Hemi. My Trailhawk was bought in Oct 2016 and they didn't have hemi as option but I believe they are going to in future.
Great thanks for the info....Merry Christmas!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you taken these off road? Still no rub?

·
Registered
747 Posts
If you're worried about rub or stuffing a tire into that space, step it down 1 size (up 1 size from stock) and go to 265/65r18, they fill the well nicely and don't run any risk of rubbing. I did this recently and am very glad I did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're worried about rub or stuffing a tire into that space, step it down 1 size (up 1 size from stock) and go to 265/65r18, they fill the well nicely and don't run any risk of rubbing. I did this recently and am very glad I did.
I think you're right on. Any idea if the 265/65r18 will still work well with a 12mm offset (vs the 56.4 on stock)?

Appreciate the response!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I honestly can't comment on the offset, that seems a bit low in my opinion though. From what I've read, you would want to stick with an offset of +20 or more...but 8mm is roughly 3/8" so it may not be a HUGE deal.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I haven't seen any difference in gas mileage, although these tires are slightly heavier than the stock tires it's not really enough to noticeably impact mpg's. As for speedometer, yes, it's off by 1-2 mph but I'm going to see if the local dealership can re-flash my Jeep to accommodate for the larger size.

·
Registered
Trailhawk
18 Posts
I'm going on 5k miles and still no rubbing. When I'm off road I use OF1 or OF2 but I'm sure they may rub in STD height. Very happy I went with size I did and they are amazing in the snow.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Currently I still have the stock tire size as the spare, I know I'm living on the edge by doing this but will eventually get the spare to be the same size. Being that it's only a little larger, I imagine this tire would fit in the spare compartment, but I'll measure it up anyway to see.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts