Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Laredo 4x4
796 Posts
The spare may need some tweaking. I have read other threads stating that the bins need to be removed.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
523 Posts
I was able to jam a used 255/70/18 in the spare tire compartment along with the bins after deflating it a bit and using a little muscle to get the bins to seat in their little grooves. The cover also latches with this size tire. I don't think anything wider would allow the floor cover to latch.

·
Registered
'17 GC Summit
4 Posts
I am SO glad I found this site! I have a '17 Summit with the 5.7 and am wondering if the 275/65/18 will pose any problems? Also, I see the word offset quite a bit and I just don't know what it means or what impact is has. Do spacers work?

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
523 Posts
I am SO glad I found this site! I have a '17 Summit with the 5.7 and am wondering if the 275/65/18 will pose any problems? Also, I see the word offset quite a bit and I just don't know what it means or what impact is has. Do spacers work?
I run the 275/65/18s.....I had minor rubbing on the front side of the rear driver inner fender well. Nothing that i really worried about, I've had way worse rubbing on some of my Wranglers. Depends on the tire and tread design, some rub a little some dont.....If you cant bear to have any rubbing at all the safer bet would be the 265/65/18s or the 255/70/18s.

·
Premium Member
2018 JGC Trailhawk
57 Posts
I run the 275/65/18s.....I had minor rubbing on the front side of the rear driver inner fender well. Nothing that i really worried about, I've had way worse rubbing on some of my Wranglers. Depends on the tire and tread design, some rub a little some dont.....If you cant bear to have any rubbing at all the safer bet would be the 265/65/18s or the 255/70/18s.

Grimmjpr ..I am really debating on the duratrack 275/65/18 OR THE 265/65/18 for my 2018 Trailhawk EcoD...do you have stock rims (+56 offset) ? I was wondering if I am putting the 275's on a Black Rhino Warlord 18x8 +30 if that would improve the rubbing or make it worse ....Do you think doing the pinch weld mod(cutting and tapping down flat with a hammer) would keep you from rubbing...or would make no difference ? Anyone have any input ?

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
523 Posts
Buddy303, I was running them on stock wheels with no spacers. I'm not sure what an aftermarket wheel would do.....could be better or worse. It would probably just rub in different places. The 275/65/18s are pretty big and stuffed in there pretty good, and the Duratracs seemed to run large in my opinion. Its possible if you ran a different tire it wouldn't rub.

Hammering the pinch weld wouldn't help since that wasn't where is was rubbing. If you heated up the inner fender liner and molded it a bit away from the tire if you were so inclined would probably do the trick. I don't think the tires were actually rubbing on anything metal.

If your that worried just run the 265/65/18s. Those shouldn't give you any trouble. HTH

Grimmjpr ..I am really debating on the duratrack 275/65/18 OR THE 265/65/18 for my 2018 Trailhawk EcoD...do you have stock rims (+56 offset) ? I was wondering if I am putting the 275's on a Black Rhino Warlord 18x8 +30 if that would improve the rubbing or make it worse ....Do you think doing the pinch weld mod(cutting and tapping down flat with a hammer) would keep you from rubbing...or would make no difference ? Anyone have any input ?

Reactions: Buddy303

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm running the Falken wildpeaks AT3w in 265 65 R18 on my 2017 limited. I also have the RRO lift/level kit and the set up is great. Handling was not affected and the tires are super grippy. Great tire in rain and snow. The size fills the wheel wells just fine and the tires look super aggressive but have great road manners. I have driven them consistently on the highway at speeds around 75mph and they are not loud and don't wander or do anything out of the norm plus they cost less than a lot of other brands. I also was able to fit the spare in the well with a little air let out and the bins removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just did some research and found that my 18' TH may not have the HD brakes that come on the Hemi and EcoDiesel. I compared the build sheet between mine and a random Hemi powered version.

I am going to attempt to find some Rubicon wheels to test fitment!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay, i think i found the right wheels that i want but my question is, will a 265/70R17 fit on a 2018 TH?

265/75-17 275/65-18 Difference

Diameter inches (mm) 32.65 (829.3) 32.07 (814.7)
Width inches (mm) 10.43 (265) 10.83 (275)
Circum. inches (mm) 102.57 (2605.32) 100.77 (2559.46)
Sidewall Height inches (mm) 7.82 (198.75) 7.04 (178.75)
Revolutions per mile (km) 617.71 (383.83) 628.78 (390.71)

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
There have been a (very) few folks that have found a way to squeeze a tire that's bigger than 32" on the JGC. It doesn't matter if it's a Trailhawk or any other trim level...the parameters are exactly the same. And as always, remember that you need to change your spare to a tire of the same diameter you choose for the four corners if you have a 4x4.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i think im going to go 265x65x18 on stock wheels with 1.25 spacers. safe, no rub, and the spare tire bins are a must for me as i carry a ton of sht back there. glad we all had this discussion! lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
i think im going to go 265x65x18 on stock wheels with 1.25 spacers. safe, no rub, and the spare tire bins are a must for me as i carry a ton of sht back there. glad we all had this discussion! lol
Your not going to fit those bins back in the spare wheel well. You may be able to squeeze them in if you let out most of the air in the spare but it will be close. I have that tire size and deflated the spare to 20 psi and still can't fit the bins in and still latch the cover. I can latch the cover with the bins removed.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Stock size it is then
You still have plenty of space to store things, the bins just don't fit due to the aggressive sidewall tread on the AT tires that I have. I still have room for my air compressor and other equipment in the well on the sides where the bins went, it's just not as pretty looking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't had any rubbing yet. No rubbing in aero or sport mode. It is VERY tight in std mode but it doesn't appear to rub. Entry/exit mode it does not touch either. I do not have Hemi. My Trailhawk was bought in Oct 2016 and they didn't have hemi as option but I believe they are going to in future.
Are you running a full size spare? If so, does it fit in the rear storage bin?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts