1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pushing Trailhawk toward the street

2018 Trailhawk

- remove hood decal
- remove all (7) badges (except tailgate 'Jeep')
- front clear mask
- replace OE muffler with 2 Magnaflow 4" round/H pipe

- paint calipers red/hubs black
- new wheels/tires
(SRT size) 20x10 Vertini Magic/295 45 20 Falken ZIEX S/TZ

Attachments

·
Registered
Trailhawk
147 Posts
Ok...that made me laugh out loud for real.

·
Registered
Trailhawk
147 Posts
If I had a case, I would rest it.
Perhaps you're right. Why do you suppose the Trailhawk model was created then? Certainly drew my attention. Marketing?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Perhaps you're right. Why do you suppose the Trailhawk model was created then? Certainly drew my attention. Marketing?
It's always marketing. The Jeep itself is marketing to appeal to something in certain people especially since the vast majority never utilize it's capabilities.

OP - Pushing Trailhawk toward the street

Why? What did you like in the Trailhawk to buy one?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Trailhawk is mostly a trim level option. It's not any different in capability than a Limited with the OR package. So, it comes down to which trim you like better.

Honestly, I wanted the SRT seats. After renting a couple of GCs, I thought the seats were not supportive enough in the corners. And compared to Limited with OR package, the Trailhawk is less money. Plus other details, were standard like power folding mirrors, audio upgrade, lack of chrome, red stitching, etc.

I do light rough-roading (old railroad right-of-ways) and wanted the skid plates and ELSD. But I think my wheel/tire combo makes it look like a sport wagon, and obviously I'm on the street 98% of the time.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Honestly, the SRT seats. After renting a couple of GCs, I thought the seats were not supportive enough in the corners. I had been thinking Limited with OR package, which pushed the price above Trailhawk. Plus other details, like power folding mirrors, etc.

I do light rough-roading (old railroad right-of-ways) and wanted the skid plates and ELSD. I think my wheel/tire combo makes it look like a sport wagon.
Whatever floats your boat!

So the seats and the power mirrors are something you can't get in the limited which are both functional (not just appearance). I honestly didn't realize they were the same seats that are in the SRT.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'll be the odd man out here...I like it.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
34 Posts
I think it looks good. You do you and don't worry what anyone else says.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a trailhawk for the seats and no chrome. I'll probably be putting 22's on it this summer and keep the stock wheels for winter.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it looks good. You do you and don't worry what anyone else says.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a trailhawk for the seats and no chrome. I'll probably be putting 22's on it this summer and keep the stock wheels for winter.
Thanks, I don't think anyone was negative. The first post was a response to a blank page I accidentally posted and couldn't delete. (I find this site a bit cumbersome.)
Beyond that, it's just been discussion as to why get the TH and then turn it toward the street.

I'm not into the current all black wheel trend. It undermines the whole point of changing wheels because they go away visually when you want them to stand out. I love my wheel/tire combo.
Have fun with your mods.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I won't be giving my 2020 TH much street cred but absolutely understand the reference to trim level.
My wife and I test drove a Sting Gray Altitude and while we like the exterior with black out, the inside was just dead boring. Felt cheap and uniformly black every where. Peaked in to a couple Limited versions and it was a little better, but.....
Stepped in to a TrailHawk and fell in love. The seats feel sooooo much nicer with material choice, the bolster is definitely stronger, the red stitching around the cabin is a pop, the black faux wood is millions times classier than the plastic and adds eye interest, the stereo leaps an bounds better, QL gives you options when travelling, etc etc the list goes on.
We'll only ever do light offroad Overlanding but we love every minute in our new GC.

Think the OP has done a nice job making the GC his own and still very classy. However it started life in it's window sticker form was just it's beginning, where you take the vehicle is every buyers personal dream.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts