Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I started my Jeep (2014 3.6 Limited, 60k miles) yesterday and I see the traction control light staying on.
Scan tool shows the C006A54 code: Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor - Missing Calibration. I haven't done any work to the car prior. I was driving it the day before and everything was fine.
I looked but can't find any information about this. Is this something that can be done DIY (calibrating the sensor or replacing it) or does it require a trip to the dealer?
Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,674 Posts

I don't know, but my guess would be the sensor is calibrated at the factory it is produced. If any calibration is necessary, it would be to "Null" it, which likely would just be doing a procedure to reference zero while its sitting on level ground not moving..... ...even that could be done at the factory where the sensor is produced, only if it requires precision down to the fraction of the degree would there need to be re-calibration after installation...

If it was me, I'd find the cost of sensor and if it's cheap enough, just replace it, if its expensive then I would do the research into if there is some sort of calibration procedure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts