Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I been having issues with my 2015 GC Altitude (45,000 miles) and leaking seals on transfer case. Dealership replaced the seals twice and just picked it from the dealership on 2/28 from the 2nd time replacing the seals. I won't mention it took 3 months for the seals to come in. On 3/4 I was driving it and as i was starting to cross a 2 lane highway, I heard and felt without warning a loud bang. Almost as if I hit something. What hell happened? I tried to step on the gas to get off the road but it went no where and just reved the motor. I had a hell of time trying to get it back in park once I coasted to the side of the road. I've had nothing but issues with this GC. I regret buying it as I had 12 GC and never had issue. Many quality issues with interior panels coming apart around the rear hatch, etc... Now the transmission. Anyone with any guidance how to handle this with Chrysler. I called 3 times about this vehicle, no return calls and hammered them on every survey and still no return calls. They did assign a case manager on Sunday but still have not heard from them. I am dine with Chrysler scrap but I am going to take a beating on selling it at this point.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I been having issues with my 2015 GC Altitude (45,000 miles) and leaking seals on transfer case. Dealership replaced the seals twice and just picked it from the dealership on 2/28 from the 2nd time replacing the seals. I won't mention it took 3 months for the seals to come in. On 3/4 I was driving it and as i was starting to cross a 2 lane highway, I heard and felt without warning a loud bang. Almost as if I hit something. What hell happened? I tried to step on the gas to get off the road but it went no where and just reved the motor. I had a hell of time trying to get it back in park once I coasted to the side of the road. I've had nothing but issues with this GC. I regret buying it as I had 12 GC and never had issue. Many quality issues with interior panels coming apart around the rear hatch, etc... Now the transmission. Anyone with any guidance how to handle this with Chrysler. I called 3 times about this vehicle, no return calls and hammered them on every survey and still no return calls. They did assign a case manager on Sunday but still have not heard from them. I am dine with Chrysler scrap but I am going to take a beating on selling it at this point.

Thanks,
Mike
Dealership called to let me know that the snap ring holding back of the transfer case and driveshaft failed causing the driveshaft to fall out. Ironic they just had the tranfercase out to replace the seals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts