Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 01 Jeep GC limited 4.7 and I’m having a problem with my transmission, when im in first gear I step on it all the way to 3k RPM’s it doesn’t shift to 2nd gear, I have to let back the throttle so it can go to 2nd. I checked the fluid and everything is perfect with that, can you guys help me out, thank you!.

·
Registered
03 WJ, 4.Slow, 3" IRO
433 Posts
Good luck. I just sold my 03 GC because of reoccurring transmission issues. It appears to be the most mysterious transmission ever, despite millions being made. Make sure to use the correct transmission fluid, if not, that will kill it for sure.

It could possible a stuck solinoid valve in the transmission valve body that can cause It to shift that way. It could be dirty fluid filter. How many miles on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has 180k, I checked the fluid and everything looks good and it doesn’t smell like burn, I thought it was probably a sensor but I don’t have no lights in the dashboard, I Dont remember when was the last time I did service on the trans and I heard if you change the fluid the trans can slip or do some else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts