Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Laredo
300 Posts
I have 2009 3.7 just had this problem last week, on highway at 120 and then all of a sudden down to 90 km/h and when i press gas its very very slow to get up and it maxes out a 100. but the more you slow down once the gears lower you cannot go back to higher gears, so no gear change! it came and went 2 times until then realized i had a serious problem so brought to dealer and they scanend it and it was some P code from trnasmission, they have since serviced my car under powertrain warranty and they changed a few parts in my tranny, now seems to be working fine! the service guy told me its in part the electronics in the shifter that breaks and that follows it right into tranny where they have to change a chip or something! oh and yes you will need to change it, it will not dissapear!!!!

to stop this issue when you are driving... just put into neutral stop the car and turn off, put back into park, restart and there you are!

·
Registered
Laredo
300 Posts
^ what i sead haha! atleast you have it all figured out!!!! and fixed!

·
Registered
Laredo
300 Posts
that sucks! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.