Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know, another transmission thread... I have a 2016 wk2 limited 4x4 with the 5.7l hemi v8. Was hoping to avoid transmission issues with the hemi, but not the case here. It has 48k miles and have taken it to the dealer 4 times now for hard/rough downshifting, especially 2-1 under braking. They did the TSB flash and the adaptive relearn, which helped a lot but it still does it. They then put a new valve body in and it was perfect.... at least for 50 ish miles and now it is back to how it was before. I am still under warranty but nearing the end and the dealer is "confident" it isn't the transmission itself. What else can even be done? I am hoping to push for a new tranny soon if I keep taking it in, just very inconvenient as I use my vehicle for work and they Uber me since loaners aren't included in my warranty. I know there is no simple solution but wanted to start the dialogue on this topic seeking any advice. Most the forums I see on wk2 transmission issues are related to the V6 rather than the v8 too. Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts