Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new Grand Cherokee Limited a couple of months ago and having problems since new. When trying to back into my garage the car will jump out of reverse and stall. The reverse gear indicator light will flash and usually but not all the time it will stall. If you look at the dash after it happens all looks normal. The dash indicates the car is still in gear and backing up when it is dead in the water and going nowhere. This is the main problem as the transmission still shifts hard and erratic sometimes. The jumping out of reverse and stalling has happened five times since new. The last time it happened was Christmas day. Other annoying problems include the blue tooth and the a/c system. Loses the blue tooth connection at random times and you have to delete your phone and re pair it to get it to work again. The a/c will blow hot air on the drivers side after the first start up and will continue to do so until the car is shut down and restarted. After restart the a/c will act normal and actually blow cold air on the drivers side. Taking it back to the dealer for the fifth time this Friday 01/17/2020. When the problem happens the car is not storing any kind of code so it's my word against the dealer. I have recorded it the last two times it has happened and will show the dealer on my next visit. Their only response so far is that they can't duplicate the problem which I can understand being that it is a random event and there is no warning before it happens. At this time I don't even want to drive the car as it is a constant annoyance. I would rather drive my girl friends 2015 Kia Optima. Not drama when driving it as everything works like it is supposed to. 1792 miles and back to the dealer five times. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Don't want this car to become a part time job of taking it back to the dealer constantly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine would pop out of drive and have heavy gear changes until the gear box was serviced. Could low gear oil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine would pop out of drive and have heavy gear changes until the gear box was serviced. Could low gear oil.
It's been back to the dealer four or five times. You would think that they would check the simple stuff. Unless you talk to the service supervisor you are usually treated indifferently like a piece of meat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts