Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
WK SRT8 (2007)
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jeep is tuned for 91 octane (MHP CMR tune) that's premium in Colorado - now when I drive to Connecticut it's 93 octane, do I need to get a updated tune for when I get home?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
Great question Mike...I am going to be getting a 91 tune from them too b/c thats all I can get in Cali. Good to know he can do the 91 custom tune :)

·
Registered
WK SRT8 (2007)
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great question Mike...I am going to be getting a 91 tune from them too b/c thats all I can get in Cali. Good to know he can do the 91 custom tune :)
You have Jims contact info @ MHP? I'll shoot him an email too and see whats up.

Brad you also have the option to use the canned tune with the Predator (once you get it & while you wait for your MHP tune) in the menus you can select a 91 or 93 octane tune as well.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey guys lets not forget the Toona. His customer serice is excellent, actually its beyond excellent. Hes not stingy with revisions or responses to our questions. I only suggest this from my limited experience in this area but I feel Johan offers a service for a price NO ONE can beat!

·
Registered
WK SRT8 (2007)
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jim, I shot you an email too, but I will be leaving my Jeep in Connecticut - so that is where it will be sipping on 93 for the rest of its life :) I was planning on going to the track to see how I run closer to sea level too so i'll be in touch!

·
Registered
mopars
44 Posts
Thanks Jim, I shot you an email too, but I will be leaving my Jeep in Connecticut - so that is where it will be sipping on 93 for the rest of its life :) I was planning on going to the track to see how I run closer to sea level too so i'll be in touch!

Well, thats more than the tank or two of fuel I was thinking a vacation trip might be!! lol.

PM me about the tune but we certainly do things to help out our customers any way we can!!

·
Registered
2008 SRT8
582 Posts
Hey guys lets not forget the Toona. His customer serice is excellent, actually its beyond excellent. Hes not stingy with revisions or responses to our questions. I only suggest this from my limited experience in this area but I feel Johan offers a service for a price NO ONE can beat!
Pricewise he can't be beat. Tune wise, even Johan will admit that AJ is just as good, if not better.

Impossible to get ahold of him though.:mad:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pricewise he can't be beat. Tune wise, even Johan will admit that AJ is just as good, if not better.

Impossible to get ahold of him though.:mad:
Thats why I said my limited knowledge, and the fact that everytime I have emailed the Toona I have heard back from him in two hours, I know AJ has a great rep for his product, however the first time I got a toon, I emailed my stock file to the Tuna and within 12 minutes I had my custom Toon! Im sorry but I would bet a pinky that that customer service and response CANNOT be beat let alone matched!

·
Registered
2006 Jeep SR8
1,017 Posts
go with tha toona

·
Registered
2006 Jeep SR8
1,017 Posts
Hundo!

·
Registered
2006 Jeep SR8
1,017 Posts
make sure u get the sprintbooster mod its fuuuuun

·
Registered
WK SRT8 (2007)
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's 50 for me to revise with MHP, that's why I'm not intested in switching to someone else, might see a difference at the track per different tunes, but daily driving... don't think I'd notice, thanks for the suggestions though!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Tuna charges 0 for revisions........ pretty hard to beat that.

·
Registered
mopars
44 Posts
Jim, D you do Custom Tunes for a 2005 5.7L Hemi? I am very interested and want the best tune possible that you could give me.
Yep

We tune 6.1 and 5.7.

after you buy the tune .. enjoy it.

When you evntually do an a/f or wideband I will get you a revision for free.

When you want custom diddies like 89 eco tunes, or pretty radical revisions we have $50 and $100 upgrades. So if you move to a mountain top where the airs thin we arent going to leave you hanging!!!!
Lol.
Dont forget we also have bench flash ECU tuning available with 100% map access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our TCM tune is also phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2008 SRT8
582 Posts
So what discount are you giving members on the TCM tune? I'm sure not many of us are gonna even think about dropping the normal cost of them, especially when Diablo keeps telling us theirs is coming soon and won't require sending out the TCM.

·
Registered
369 Posts
So what discount are you giving members on the TCM tune? I'm sure not many of us are gonna even think about dropping the normal cost of them, especially when Diablo keeps telling us theirs is coming soon and won't require sending out the TCM.
If my main man Mang is writing it........ Diablo's will be well worth the wait!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.