Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find the flasher unit on our '99 GC? The turn signals and emergency flashers stopped working. The small fuse labeled as "flasher" is good, but I didn't see an obvious flasher unit (the fuse panel isn't the easiest to look at).
thanks,
Mike Sal

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
The combination flasher sits on the top row, third from the left on the junction block, see attached page.
Check the solders inside, they can become loose over time and cause flasher problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So you have to remove the lower panel from the dash to access the upper portion of the fuse block? I can only see as far as the 2 large connectors....holey cow, I just watched the video...they sure didn't want to make it easy to access did they. I'll start pulling it apart tonight.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The video is completely correct.....I took the cover off the relay and to the naked eye, the solder joints look perfect, but under the microscope 4 of the 9 joints are broken. I re-soldered all of them & will put it back in the car tonight. Thank you all for the great help on this.....Autozone wanted $60 for a replacement.
Mike Sal

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dang, I already ordered me a couple of new flasher relays but I will pop the old one apart and see if I can solder it up and fix it too!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well, there are guy's that can solder a tiny circuit board and then there are guys that rebuild engines and I am the latter. I think the solder I had was too big in diameter but I screwed it up pretty bad trying to re solder the joints and lost my patients and tossed it in the garbage can. My two new one's came in today from amazon so oh well. When it comes to stuff like soldering I am not good with it at all, this isn't the first time I have tossed something trying to re solder it. For me it's best to just bite the bullet and buy a new part than to try and fix it and wind up tossing it in the trash anyway....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts