Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 6.2 supercharged is being delayed till spring\summer 2014 on the Lx platforms. The Jeep will get it.....eventually.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Did they say good things comes to those who wait Scotty?

·
Registered
79 Posts
hope this is true, will have over 75000 miles on mine by then and will be ready for upgrade!

·
I DRIVE SRT
694 Posts
2015 is earliest Jeep will see it but odds are still 2016 model year from everything I'd heard.

Sucks but at same time.. I'd rather them have it perfect. :D

Reactions: soontobesrt

·
I drive a modern day Woody
Jeep
1,600 Posts
2015 is earliest Jeep will see it but odds are still 2016 model year from everything I'd heard.

Sucks but at same time.. I'd rather them have it perfect. :D
x2 - Whats the rush. At this point in Jeeps life, they should focus on build quality and putting out some truly unique and capable vehicles compared to say 5+ years ago when Id say that was not nearly the case.

Dont get me wrong, I love my WK and Jeeps have always been reliable, but the stuff they're making now is lightyears from what they were. (I guess you can say same about most mfgs) So yeah. I say take your time Jeep so you can give us the GOODS!

·
Registered
11' OVERLAND HEMI
558 Posts
I think that is great new for those that with the 6.4L versions. I know I would have regrets if I just bought one then the go and release one with kill mode. For everyone else it give them time to save up!

In the mean time do we have any specifics on that engines performance? I know all that could change at any time but hey we all love forum rumors.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all kinds of rumors....550-570 hp...but who knows really

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Cherokee will eventually get the supercharger. Too late. That '14 is butt ugly and even if it is lightning fast, I don't want one.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,006 Posts
^^^ hahaha... im sure if it was free you'd love to have one...

·
Premium Member
'14 GC SRT
236 Posts
Am I right at thinking that the more this engine is delayed, the more Jeep and SRT's brass will ponder fitting it into this generation of Grand Cherokee, or saving costs by waiting for the next generation (WK3), which is "due" in 2016?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Am I right at thinking that the more this engine is delayed, the more Jeep and SRT's brass will ponder fitting it into this generation of Grand Cherokee, or saving costs by waiting for the next generation (WK3), which is "due" in 2016?

That's only a 5 year model run.. Are you sure about that?? I would bet it's going to be a 17 model

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe by then Ill pick one up, Id love a factory supercharger on my jeep. Too bad the price is gunna be like 80k for it by then most likely. Either way should be great to see the SRT grand cherokee keep evolving, thats what excites me.

·
Premium Member
'14 GC SRT
236 Posts
That's only a 5 year model run.. Are you sure about that?? I would bet it's going to be a 17 model
A '17 model would be available in late '16, and if history repeats itself, SRT versions would be available in '17 calendar year with a "gap" in '16 with no SRT available (same as 2011)... In any case it is just me trying to project what might happen... and people close to the factory / the brand usually remain very discreet about future developments.

·
Registered
158 Posts
A '17 model would be available in late '16, and if history repeats itself, SRT versions would be available in '17 calendar year with a "gap" in '16 with no SRT available (same as 2011)... In any case it is just me trying to project what might happen... and people close to the factory / the brand usually remain very discreet about future developments.
I think the next SRT will come out at the same time as the regular model. I remember them making a big deal about the 2014 refresh being the first time the SRT model came at the same time as the regular model.

·
Premium Member
'14 GC SRT
236 Posts
I think the next SRT will come out at the same time as the regular model. I remember them making a big deal about the 2014 refresh being the first time the SRT model came at the same time as the regular model.
I sure hope it will be the case, but this makes the "time window" for a 6.2 supercharged WK2 even smaller.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i would rather wait couple of years to get a better quality as 2012 had alot of defects from factory

6.2L will sure be my next upgrade hope its 2016+

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks like allpar is reporting it now....lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts