Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep GC Limited 4x4
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to buy a diagnostic scanner that can read the manufacture codes for stability, transmission, traction, ABS, all this stuff.
For a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4

I want more than resetting the check engine light.

Any suggestions?
Thank you...

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
320 Posts
Depends on the phone/tablet you plan on using. For an iphone you have to buy a wifi enabled scanner. For android you can use bluetooth.

I have this one, its cheap and it works with my iphone.

https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Scanner-Adapter-Android-Diagnostic/dp/B00WPW6BAE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1525394721&sr=8-4&keywords=obd2+scanner+wifi&dpID=41kCLPkpL0L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I use the OBD Fusion app.

I used to use I think it was called Torque pro on my android phone. It worked just as well with a similarly cheap bluetooth adapter.

Didn't you buy a warranty? Get the sucker to the dealer and get into a loaner car.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
1,572 Posts
Depends on the phone/tablet you plan on using. For an iphone you have to buy a wifi enabled scanner. For android you can use bluetooth.

I have this one, its cheap and it works with my iphone.

https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Scanner-Adapter-Android-Diagnostic/dp/B00WPW6BAE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1525394721&sr=8-4&keywords=obd2+scanner+wifi&dpID=41kCLPkpL0L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I use the OBD Fusion app.

I used to use I think it was called Torque pro on my android phone. It worked just as well with a similarly cheap bluetooth adapter.

Didn't you buy a warranty? Get the sucker to the dealer and get into a loaner car.
You keep this scanner plugged in all the time, right? How many miles have you been driving with this scanner plugged in?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
320 Posts
You keep this scanner plugged in all the time, right? How many miles have you been driving with this scanner plugged in?
I do not leave it plugged in. Only plug it in if I need to check a code. The OBD port always has power so it would eventually run your battery down.

·
Registered
Jeep GC Limited 4x4
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I am going to purchase the
- ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows

Then purchase the
- Appcar DiagFCA software

This will give me the ability to see DTCs and reset or set a lot of stuff.

I will be taking the vehicle in to the dealer soon because I have an ESC light and when I start the car I get a "Service 4WD System" message.
I figure this is the Powertrain and should still be under the 5 yr/100,000 mi warranty.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
1,572 Posts
- ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows

Then purchase the

I will be taking the vehicle in to the dealer soon because I have an ESC light and when I start the car I get a "Service 4WD System" message.
I figure this is the Powertrain and should still be under the 5 yr/100,000 mi warranty.
What engine do you have?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Then purchase the

I know this post is old but I'm about to do this same thing for the exact problem, I have a 2012 with the 5.7..how did this eventually work out for you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts