Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.0 CRD
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’ll put the first part up as I’m hoping it’s a quick win to start me off for my chrome delete. On the doors are some trim panels that I’d really like to get rid of. I’m hoping that they are simply glued on and easy to remove with some heat and the right trim tools
Automotive parking light Tire Car Grille Automotive tire

Then come the more tricky bit the tyres. I have trawled through a lot of the threads, but the majority all revolveround the American (understandably) markets and the vastly superior selection of well pretty much anything 🤭 - slightly envious on so many mods available but with no stockists in the UK!

So what I am wanting is some advice for suitable tyres to fit the stock 265/50r20 alloys I have. I would really like the Michelin Latitude cross or tour hp but they don’t seem to do them in the appropriate sizes and I suspect they’d come in over £280 per tyre. Whilst not a huge amount I’d like to get something like the Nexen Roadian HP or Nokian WR SUV. Has anyone in the UK fitted them? My mileage is likely to be 6-10k miles and road with tracks and some fields/mud/grass (topographical surveyor) If so what’s the ride, comfort, noise tread wear like. Also have you towed with them - I occasionally tow a twin axle caravan that’s around 1700kg. Not for great distances but still would like the GC. to be nice and stable when it tows. It currently has Continentals on and I’d have to say they’re not as good as the Kumho Solus 21 I last had on our ‘15 plate Kia Sorrento.
Any thought or recommendations greatly received thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
If you're already a fan of Michelin, I would recommend the Defender LTX over the Latitude any day...It's actually like the perfect all around tire for the GC...very quiet, smooth riding, long wearing, and quite good in mild off road.

Reactions: Countrygent

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.0 CRD
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're already a fan of Michelin, I would recommend the Defender LTX over the Latitude any day...It's actually like the perfect all around tire for the GC...very quiet, smooth riding, long wearing, and quite good in mild off road.
Thanks DriverDave

I haven't yet fitted the GC with any new tyres, I've only had it a couple of months and wanted a cheap winter tyre which is why I was looking at the Nexen and Nokian.. Several US members have commented that they're good, not great, for the price point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts