Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
181 - 200 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Voicu, did you ever manage to figure out any other way to get a 2015 to work properly without the display mode you did ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the questions guys, could someone point me in the right direction? I have a 2015 WK2 ecodiesel, that currently has the RA4 uconnect system. Im looking to swap to the UAV system as well, what would I need to correct the screen issue? I know about the wiring harness needing to be tapped, other than that I'm in the weeds. If I was installing an aftermarket stereo I'd have no issues, thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
90 Posts
I have this information from HERE service center.
I ordered the new maps and basically before upgrade the new Navi maps the uconnect software need to be >than 2.63. At the moment the uconnect update it’s available OTA.
We will see

·
Registered
47 Posts
Will we receive OTA updates ?
Not on a transplanted radio, because the radio module no longer holds the VIN of a vehicle that would be eligible for the OTA update. As soon as you installed the radio module in your vehicle and fired it up, the module pulled your VIN.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not on a transplanted radio, because the radio module no longer holds the VIN of a vehicle that would be eligible for the OTA update. As soon as you installed the radio module in your vehicle and fired it up, the module pulled your VIN.
that’s what I thought

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
90 Posts
I asked before buying the map if the new update is related to VIN and the operator replied that the update is released to all UConnect regardless of VIN.
It seemed strange to me, but we'll see if it's true or not

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wanted to give everyone an update on my upgrade, I went from a 2017 RA4 to a 2019 UAV I found on eBay:

Purchased the splice cable on eBay too, from Voicu, easy plug and play, no thought required there.
Once the radio and media hub were installed, I used the Windows version of AlfaOBD in "Advanced Mode" to activate the BCM DCSD. There's a guide out there and if you follow it to the letter, it'll work just fine.
Radio works perfectly now, even came with somebody else's Sirius Guardian/XM subscription activated! I'll run that until they cancel it.

I called UConnect and cancelled my UConnect Link subscription. I also asked them about updates and they referred me to Sirius Guardian.
I called Sirius Guardian and they were unable to let me know about updates. They said my UConnect Link subscription was how I was getting over-the-air updates, but that doesn't make sense to me. I thought you got them regardless of whether you paid for the service or not.
I mentioned I no longer had UConnect since I was using a 2019 radio in a 2017. Of course they were not able to find my VIN since the 2017's aren't in their database. I asked about further updates and they said I'd probably have to go to the dealer for them. sigh No good solid information there, seems very contradictory.

As far as I know, the Sirius Guardian is tied to the radio itself, not the VIN (they ask for the radio's ID from Channel 0 on the radio), so when the time comes that my subscription to XM expires, I'll probably have to convince them somehow I didn't steal the radio to re-activate it.

So right now I have a working radio, no UConnect, somebody else's XM subscription (at least for the moment), and Sirius Guardian. Not sure on over-the-air updates, but regular USB updates will probably work just fine.

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
90 Posts
Thank you for update!
My radio was updated OTA yesterday ( after second tentative)
Looks like OTA signal ping the uconnect Id ignoring the VIN

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's interesting. I'm at 20.04.19, I'll be curious to see if it pops up with the update soon.

181 - 200 of 266 Posts