Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hi guys
Just finished upgrading my 2015 Overland to a "Voicu enhanced" UAV unit.
Highly recommend Voicus work, everything functions perfectly. I sent my unit all the way from Australia but the result was definitely worth the effort.
Thanks again mate

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
85 Posts
This is the parts list what you need to upgrade your WK2:

• Uconnect receiver 68403065AE
  • Hub Media Center 68323663AE
  • Y-cable from the original climate control plug to the screen
  • Controls Center Stack contains Display 68388547AD
All these parts are plug and play, if the screen does not turn on, try activating the DCSD option on the BCM via AlfaObd software. (see attached guide)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wanted to post some info on my UAV Conversion/upgrade. I didn’t see any posts on Converting to this system(only UAQ) and thought the info might be helpful....

To start, I am coming from a 2014 w/ an RA4 system. I happened to run across the UAV parts from a salvage 2020 GC LIMITED

Items needed for UAV upgrade on any 2014+ GC:
-UAV SYSTEM (brain)
-UAV SCREEN/BEZEL
-UAV USB PORT
-8 pin Harness connector (hvac to screen) from a 2019+ with UAV system (mine was cut from donor vehicle)
-May need other parts for full functionality....will update once I confirm

The brain mounted up perfectly, the new bezel(w/screen) mounts with no issue.
The only issue I ran into was that there is an extra harness needed, which is not in the previous models, for the screen power on the UAV system.
Infotainment does have this included in the new UAV KIT, BUT WILL NOT SELL IT BY ITSELF so I took it upon myself to make the harness.

NO PROGRAMMING OR BCM FLASH WAS NEEDED ON MY VEHICLE FOR THIS SYSTEM TO WORK. So far.....
It’s very simple and waaaaay cheaper than infotainment’s $2700 kit.
see pics attached for details.

Obviously, Sirius guardian is inop and don’t think it’s even an option to run any “connected “ apps or services. I’m not currently able to connect any phones via Bluetooth(working out this issue, may have to add the antenna located in dash on passenger dash area ). Will update when I figure this out.
All other functions work, including :
Apple CarPlay and android auto
Siri
All radio functions
Camera
Hvac controls
GPS with nav
Camera
Seat heaters

FIRST STEP: DISCONNECT BATTERY!!!

Remove bezel and old nav system

install USB port by removing center console. (You can find threads on this)
Not sure if UAQ USB ports will work as I am coming from RA4 so I used the USB port that was in the same vehicle I got this UAV system from.

plug all connectors into the back of the new UAV brain according to matching colors. Obviously, the large main connector plugs right in.

Mount UAV brain(run the video cable with white connector a to the front )

Missing harness fix :
You’ll need the 8 pin connector (with 4 wires) that plugs into the UAV screen from a 2019+. This can be cut out of the donor vehicle you get this system from or purchased form mopar for some stupid dollar amount. This is the only custom work that was needed. The 8pin connector you need from the 2019 harness has 4 wires routed into it.( orange/white , black , red, green).

These 4 wires just tap into the hvac harness which has 6 wires. Here is the connection setup.

BLACK to BLACK
RED to RED
ORANGE to GREEN
ALL WHITE to ORANGE/WHITE
Make sure all tapped wires are secure and wrapped.

After tap is complete
Plug in hvac connector into the lower portion of bezel(the harness you tapped into that has 6 wires)
Plug in the white single VIdeo cable (from the UAV brain)
Plug in the newly installed 8 pin harness into the upper portion of the bezel/screen.

snap the bezel/screen back into place.

plug the battery back in.

start the vehicle and the unit should power on.

YOU WILL NEED THE 4 DIGIT THEFT CODE FOR THE UNIT. CALL YOUR DEALER HOOK UP, PAY SOMEONE ONLINE, OR GET IT FROM THE DONOR VEHICLE’S OWNER.

please note,This is a test run and just wanted to get this UAV system in my 2015 wk2.
again, Bluetooth may be an issue and there is no gaurdian or connected apps working.This is simply a start

Sent from my iPhone View attachment 223423 View attachment 223424

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wanted to post some info on my UAV Conversion/upgrade. I didn’t see any posts on Converting to this system(only UAQ) and thought the info might be helpful....

To start, I am coming from a 2014 w/ an RA4 system. I happened to run across the UAV parts from a salvage 2020 GC LIMITED

Items needed for UAV upgrade on any 2014+ GC:
-UAV SYSTEM (brain)
-UAV SCREEN/BEZEL
-UAV USB PORT
-8 pin Harness connector (hvac to screen) from a 2019+ with UAV system (mine was cut from donor vehicle)
-May need other parts for full functionality....will update once I confirm

The brain mounted up perfectly, the new bezel(w/screen) mounts with no issue.
The only issue I ran into was that there is an extra harness needed, which is not in the previous models, for the screen power on the UAV system.
Infotainment does have this included in the new UAV KIT, BUT WILL NOT SELL IT BY ITSELF so I took it upon myself to make the harness.

NO PROGRAMMING OR BCM FLASH WAS NEEDED ON MY VEHICLE FOR THIS SYSTEM TO WORK. So far.....
It’s very simple and waaaaay cheaper than infotainment’s $2700 kit.
see pics attached for details.

Obviously, Sirius guardian is inop and don’t think it’s even an option to run any “connected “ apps or services. I’m not currently able to connect any phones via Bluetooth(working out this issue, may have to add the antenna located in dash on passenger dash area ). Will update when I figure this out.
All other functions work, including :
Apple CarPlay and android auto
Siri
All radio functions
Camera
Hvac controls
GPS with nav
Camera
Seat heaters

FIRST STEP: DISCONNECT BATTERY!!!

Remove bezel and old nav system

install USB port by removing center console. (You can find threads on this)
Not sure if UAQ USB ports will work as I am coming from RA4 so I used the USB port that was in the same vehicle I got this UAV system from.

plug all connectors into the back of the new UAV brain according to matching colors. Obviously, the large main connector plugs right in.

Mount UAV brain(run the video cable with white connector a to the front )

Missing harness fix :
You’ll need the 8 pin connector (with 4 wires) that plugs into the UAV screen from a 2019+. This can be cut out of the donor vehicle you get this system from or purchased form mopar for some stupid dollar amount. This is the only custom work that was needed. The 8pin connector you need from the 2019 harness has 4 wires routed into it.( orange/white , black , red, green).

These 4 wires just tap into the hvac harness which has 6 wires. Here is the connection setup.

BLACK to BLACK
RED to RED
ORANGE to GREEN
ALL WHITE to ORANGE/WHITE
Make sure all tapped wires are secure and wrapped.

After tap is complete
Plug in hvac connector into the lower portion of bezel(the harness you tapped into that has 6 wires)
Plug in the white single VIdeo cable (from the UAV brain)
Plug in the newly installed 8 pin harness into the upper portion of the bezel/screen.

snap the bezel/screen back into place.

plug the battery back in.

start the vehicle and the unit should power on.

YOU WILL NEED THE 4 DIGIT THEFT CODE FOR THE UNIT. CALL YOUR DEALER HOOK UP, PAY SOMEONE ONLINE, OR GET IT FROM THE DONOR VEHICLE’S OWNER.

please note,This is a test run and just wanted to get this UAV system in my 2015 wk2.
again, Bluetooth may be an issue and there is no gaurdian or connected apps working.This is simply a start

Sent from my iPhone View attachment 223423 View attachment 223424
I installed this in my 2018 grand Cherokee the buttons and everything worked but the screen never powered on. Is this normal? Do I have to give it time?

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,136 Posts
Isn't there a harness that you need in order to power the screen and/or a tweak with AlfaOBD of your BCM? See VOICU's response above:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you done it before? I have everything and connected it the buttons worked but the screen never powered on. Does it power up right away or you have to wait?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you done it before? I have everything and connected it the buttons worked but the screen never powered on. Does it power up right away or you have to wait?
There's going to be some changes you need to make with AlfaOBD. It will work, you just need to adjust some settings. Voicu can help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Everyone’s telling me that but I don’t know how to do any of that. I was told alfaobd but I don’t even know what that is

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
85 Posts
In order to modify BCM parameters you need software and cable to be able to interface with the car. I also attached the pdf guide.

Software AlfaObd for PC

OBD cable interface:

Attachments

201 - 220 of 261 Posts