Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
221 - 240 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I need my laptop outside while connected to the car?
Beyond the laptop, you need a connection to the OBDII port, located under the dash above the brake pedal. Many of us who make OBD modifications use a dongle like the MX+, which is a wireless connection.

If you've got all of that already, you'll need to download a copy of AlfaOBD for around $50-60 (I don't remember the exact cost). It's a fairly straightforward interface which allows you to make vehicle configuration changes. Voicu's guide is a pretty good way to get started. If you are going to make changes, go slowly, do one at a time, and document what all you did. Last thing you want is to brick your car's computer.

The specific changes he's talking about do work with the full version with exactly the settings he listed. Make sure you clear out any error codes in AlfaOBD after you make configuration changes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, I got the screen to turn on. Question.. my truck is fully loaded but now on this new screen the back up camera doesn’t come up in reverse or the option in controls and the options for passenger heated/cooled seats is not there. Is there anything I can do about that?

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
93 Posts
You must be connected on the car Body Computer with your correct car model after that you must select in Advance mode RU Pacifica 17 . Only in this way you can access the option DCSD

·
Registered
Altitude Edition
62 Posts
Please forgive this if it sounds odd, but does anyone know if there is a way to get the older RA4 to line up with the newer 2019 bezel- like if I modded up spacers to push the RA4 forward so that the screen will sit flush with the newer bezel?

I realize the UAV has a better screen along with other improvements (Android Auto for one), but I already have invested so much time and money adding a PAC radio pro harness, PAC BCM module with 4 cameras, and a firestick tv, several amps, a DSP connected to the optical out, and on and on. Plus, I can't afford it, and I have no problem with Uconnect access, which actually works better at hearing and comprehending my voice texts replies than any phone I've had (go figure- I still can't believe it, and I have completely neutral accent).

Anyway, back to the original question- anybody know if it's possible? Any thoughts or advice would be humbly appreciated.

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
93 Posts
I tested 5 Uconnect receivers and all has downloaded the OA firmware while testing the displays. The last receiver received last week was manufactured in 2021 and the firmware has already been updated from the factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey has anyone used voicu instructions to fix display on UAV install using the obdlinkMX + wireless. It lets me select my 2015 JGC but I don't see an advance mode selection. Not sure how to get to the pacifica 17 selection. Just like everyone post I have read. Installed UAV and works fine if I disconnect and reconnect battery. Also I can hear the music when I start up but no display so I am trying to follow Voicu instructions but like I said no advance mode to select unless I am not looking in the right place on the app, not sure if they changed the device since instructions. Any instruction is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
191 Posts
A 2015 will need to have the display and head unit of the new radio modded by voicu. There is something in the 2015 that will not function correctly. I tried everything but ended up having Voicu mod mine and it works great now

·
Registered
67 Posts

Attachments

221 - 240 of 274 Posts