Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I've just ordered the UAV unit and display for my 2015 Summit. It's European version as I'm in the UK

@voicu , are you still selling the Y harness on eBay?

Also, I don't have the media hub yet, I'm assuming this just means I can't use Carplay for now?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I've just ordered the UAV unit and display for my 2015 Summit. It's European version as I'm in the UK

@voicu , are you still selling the Y harness on eBay?

Also, I don't have the media hub yet, I'm assuming this just means I can't use Carplay for now?

Thanks
Yes there are still some on ebay here is the link just realized that's who I got mine from

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please forgive this if it sounds odd, but does anyone know if there is a way to get the older RA4 to line up with the newer 2019 bezel- like if I modded up spacers to push the RA4 forward so that the screen will sit flush with the newer bezel?

I realize the UAV has a better screen along with other improvements (Android Auto for one), but I already have invested so much time and money adding a PAC radio pro harness, PAC BCM module with 4 cameras, and a firestick tv, several amps, a DSP connected to the optical out, and on and on. Plus, I can't afford it, and I have no problem with Uconnect access, which actually works better at hearing and comprehending my voice texts replies than any phone I've had (go figure- I still can't believe it, and I have completely neutral accent).

Anyway, back to the original question- anybody know if it's possible? Any thoughts or advice would be humbly appreciated.
I had the 2019 Bezel and was thinking of doing something similar. Upgrading to a UAQ for Android Auto but with the newer bezel.

I think it could definitely work with some minor modification, a few washers and longer bolts. The display angle is slightly more upward on the 2019 bezel though, so would need more spacers on the bottom. Not sure how good it would look though, best bet is to try to find one at a breakers and give it a go. I got one for £60 but they're going for 3-4 times that on eBay :confused:

Part of the better look on the 2019 though is the glossy screen that sits more flush, not sure it would have the same effect with the RA4 screen. I'm going for the full upgrade! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I've just read 13 pages of this thread. All my parts are ordered, just waiting for delivery - now just wondering if I'll get lucky with my 2015 Summit.

Does anyone know what the cutoff date is, so for a car that will encounter the display issue that can't be fixed by enabling the disassociated display option using Alfa OBD. I mean build date?

So newer 2015 models have the Apps option on the Uconnect, older models don't. Then in 2016 we have the new gear shifter. Can we assume if we have the redesigned gear shifter, there won't be issues? Or if we can see the Apps option on the display, that might mean we're ok?

I'm just wondering if it's possible to determine the success of the UAV upgrade based on the build date or features the car has, or would that be too easy??? :unsure:

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I've just read 13 pages of this thread. All my parts are ordered, just waiting for delivery - now just wondering if I'll get lucky with my 2015 Summit.

Does anyone know what the cutoff date is, so for a car that will encounter the display issue that can't be fixed by enabling the disassociated display option using Alfa OBD. I mean build date?

So newer 2015 models have the Apps option on the Uconnect, older models don't. Then in 2016 we have the new gear shifter. Can we assume if we have the redesigned gear shifter, there won't be issues? Or if we can see the Apps option on the display, that might mean we're ok?

I'm just wondering if it's possible to determine the success of the UAV upgrade based on the build date or features the car has, or would that be too easy??? :unsure:
So 2014-15 it's a hit or miss. 17-18 it works if u enable it. I dunno what you mean by apps? You can enable off road and performance with the older radio. Unless you updated the software and they blocked off roads.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Voicu, what is the current software version you have on your UAV ? Trying to figure out some way of getting updates

·
Registered
5 Posts
So 2014-15 it's a hit or miss. 17-18 it works if u enable it. I dunno what you mean by apps? You can enable off road and performance with the older radio. Unless you updated the software and they blocked off roads.
So what I meant is the Apps icon on the bottom, I don't have that on mine but see some later versions do. See attached picture....
Gadget Communication Device Font Screenshot Software

And what about 2016 models......

·
Registered
Jeep Gc
85 Posts
Yes
After few days from installation show up the update available on the screen.
my car it’s WK2 2015 Limited .
From last call with Uconnect operator all the updates was release OTA and is not associated with the car VIN. I don’t know if it’s true or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I hope mine gets one. It’s been installed for a few months now and no update as of yet
Here is a link that has a video that shows how you can do the update yourself. I use to update my old uconnect system myself using a usb drive

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here is a link that has a video that shows how you can do the update yourself. I use to update my old uconnect system myself using a usb drive

I don’t have a vin for a UAV radio that works unfortunately

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don’t have a vin for a UAV radio that works unfortunately
The Uconnect-Check For Updates site can NOT be used to download updates for vehicles released with Panasonic UAQ/UAV headhunts. These updates can only be received from Uconnect OTA. It doesn't matter what VIN you enter, You will always get the "YOUR VEHICLE IS UP TO DATE" response.

The site does still provide download options for older Harman Kardon units, however.

241 - 260 of 261 Posts