Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
361 - 377 of 377 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
no puedo solucionar el problema de la pantalla negra en mi jeep grand cherokee srt 2017 ayuda
su nel 2017, nessun problema. Assicurati di registrare L'elemento DCSD display screen module utilizzando il programma ALFAOBD (PC). Successivamente, scollegare la batteria per 30 minuti . Tutto deve funzionare. Ho funzionato

in 2017, there are no problems at all. Be sure to register using the ALFAOBD program (PC) item DCSD display screen module. After that , disconnect the battery for 30 minutes . Everything should work. It worked for me

· Registered
550 Posts
For anyone that installs this in U.K. wk2, I’ve now done 3 and all have had the same problem (so wasn’t just bad luck or 2014 specific issues on the first one). Due to our weird little island being part metric, part imperial, you need to have access to alfaobd or similar to activate all the csm options in the BCM (for units, temperature, pressure etc), which after being parked up for a few hours, will then pull up the ‘custom’ option for units of measurement on the radio screen. Without this, you have to run the car in KM & F otherwise the climate control will only work on max or min temperature.

· Registered
5 Posts
sol 2017, nessun problema. Assicurati di registrare L'elemento DCSD display screen module utilizzando il programma ALFAOBD (PC). Sucesivamente, escoja la batería por 30 minutos. Tutto deve funzionare. Ho funzionato

en 2017, no hay ningún problema. Asegúrese de registrarse utilizando el módulo de pantalla de visualización del elemento DCSD del programa ALFAOBD (PC). Después de eso, desconecte la batería durante 30 minutos. Todo debería funcionar. para mí
[/COTIZAR]
Ya intenté y no me encontré con la opción q me dices ?

· Registered
222 Posts
I’m wondering if anyone has found any software updates that can be downloaded for a UAV. I’m currently on USA-IR-SBX-22.5.0-20180815-IOF8 and I’m pretty sure there are a couple newer versions but can’t seem to find a download for it.

· Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2014 WK2 and was having the blank screen issue, so I sent my unit off to Voicu and he sorted me out quickly. Great communication via email. All original car features/settings are retained and working. Amazed how just a flush mounted screen can dramatically modernize the look of the interior. Thanks Voicu!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Light Automotive design

· Registered
6 Posts
second this, looking to possibly make this upgrade on a 2014 overland and would find it helpful to have a full list of parts/part numbers that are needed.
The problem is there’s a few people out there charging about $300 for the mod to make it compatible with 2014 and 2015s. Instead of helping everyone else on the forum that’s already in 1k deep for the upgrade. They care about making a buck on those folks. People literally need a parts list and instructions which cost them nothing at all. Luckily I changed my bcm to a 2016 and did a reconfig, everything works great besides the backup camera I’m currently working on

· Registered
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit California Edition - EcoDiesel
47 Posts
I just bought a UAV setup for my 2015 Summit (which I had already upgraded to UAQ) as an alternative to replacing the de-laminating LCD display. I liked the idea of the piano black radio surround as an added bonus, I do love my UAQ unit but this was a good deal.

However, I can't figure out how the hell the "brain" or UAV radio module mounts into the dash opening, can someone please explain? I'm sure I'm just being dumb, but the module doesn't line up and sit flush no matter how I orient it. It does look exactly the same as the photo listed on Infotainment's website so I really just don't understand lol. I'll attach a pic.

Second, I can't get it to power up at all, do I have a dead unit or am I missing something else? I read all 19 pages before tackling this today. There is no image on the display, I put my flashlight to it to make sure it wasn't just the backlight issue that was mentioned. All connectors were present. The only thing I do not have is the custom harness that splices into HVAC - per someone else's post here, I opted to disassemble and swap my existing HVAC button panel over, the new one had a lot of extra buttons I don't have because of the year model difference anyways.

To clarify, I thought it would at least power up and display an image before I do the BCM DCSD enable via AlfaOBD, or am I incorrect? Does this need to be done first before the unit can even boot? I will try the fuse/AlfaOBD methods by tomorrow, just didn't have time tonight, and from OP's post I thought it should still initialize and boot but possibly not offer backlighting after a power cycle. Could definitely have misread or misunderstood though.
Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

· Registered
6 Posts
Looks like it may be upside down also you have to put it in at an angle top first and work it in. You have a 15 so you may have the luck of some of us with it not turning on with the vehicle due to can bus compatibility issues and bcm with certain 14 and 15s. You have 2 options if that happens. 1) get a 16 bcm and program it to your vin and vehicle config enable dcsd then perform a reset ecu. 2) pay one of the people that can mod it so the display comes on with the ignition (no one is willing to share this information so they can make a buck off of folks ) I attached a video for Uav install. It’s the end of the video for Uav .good luck

· Registered
47 Posts
Looks like it may be upside down also you have to put it in at an angle top first and work it in. You have a 15 so you may have the luck of some of us with it not turning on with the vehicle due to can bus compatibility issues and bcm with certain 14 and 15s. You have 2 options if that happens. 1) get a 16 bcm and program it to your vin and vehicle config enable dcsd then perform a reset ecu. 2) pay one of the people that can mod it so the display comes on with the ignition (no one is willing to share this information so they can make a buck off of folks ) I attached a video for Uav install. It’s the end of the video for Uav .good luck

Thank you, really appreciate the info here. A few questions if you don't mind:

Do you know if the BCM programming can be done via AlfaOBD/Jscan myself, or is a dealer tool required for this? Any difference in going with a used BCM vs new? I also know the 2016+ BCM has an added engine sensor for EcoDiesels (which is what I have) so I wonder if I'd also be forced to install that to avoid error codes. Basically my main concern is not being able to start and drive the Jeep after the BCM swap and having to tow it in for proper programming.

I do feel comfortable with AlfaOBD, I used it to program my VIN to a used ECU that came with a tune. If it's similar to that I'm all for this idea. Plus it may enable me to dive into retrofitting some 2016-2020 like lane keep assist, self-parking, etc. if it's not too tedious.

Gonna watch this video right now, thanks for sharing.

· Registered
6 Posts
Thank you, really appreciate the info here. A few questions if you don't mind:

Do you know if the BCM programming can be done via AlfaOBD/Jscan myself, or is a dealer tool required for this? Any difference in going with a used BCM vs new? I also know the 2016+ BCM has an added engine sensor for EcoDiesels (which is what I have) so I wonder if I'd also be forced to install that to avoid error codes. Basically my main concern is not being able to start and drive the Jeep after the BCM swap and having to tow it in for proper programming.

I do feel comfortable with AlfaOBD, I used it to program my VIN to a used ECU that came with a tune. If it's similar to that I'm all for this idea. Plus it may enable me to dive into retrofitting some 2016-2020 like lane keep assist, self-parking, etc. if it's not too tedious.

Gonna watch this video right now, thanks for sharing.
So from my experience I was able to do everything with Alfa and or appcar fca. I personally grabbed a used 16 17 bcm. As far as the engine sensor I am not sure of because I have an srt not eco diesel. If I personally had to take it to the dealer 1) I would not swap the bcm until I got to the dealer parking lot 2) would not tell them it’s a different year bcm and that you just need a used bcm you purchased programmed to your vin and config. They may not want to because it does not match. If you go that route and cannot successfully do it with fca software. I also forgot to mention when you install the bcm an abs light maybe come on you’ll have to do an abs initialization and reset of the abs ecu. Also save your bcm configuration from your 15 on Alfa so you can restore it to the new bcm after doing a vin write. You maybe be able to go new and have the dealer program if if you don’t want to go the route of Alfa.

· Registered
47 Posts
So from my experience I was able to do everything with Alfa and or appcar fca. I personally grabbed a used 16 17 bcm. As far as the engine sensor I am not sure of because I have an srt not eco diesel. If I personally had to take it to the dealer 1) I would not swap the bcm until I got to the dealer parking lot 2) would not tell them it’s a different year bcm and that you just need a used bcm you purchased programmed to your vin and config. They may not want to because it does not match. If you go that route and cannot successfully do it with fca software. I also forgot to mention when you install the bcm an abs light maybe come on you’ll have to do an abs initialization and reset of the abs ecu. Also save your bcm configuration from your 15 on Alfa so you can restore it to the new bcm after doing a vin write. You maybe be able to go new and have the dealer program if if you don’t want to go the route of Alfa.
Gotcha, this makes sense. I'm totally comfortable with AlfaOBD, just wanted to be sure it had the capabilities of writing VIN/build info to a used BCM before I buy one. I found in the thread that 68258390 worked for someone, do you happen to know which part # you personally went with? And can you share what all you needed to do in each software to get it all working (sans reverse camera)? DM is fine or if you want to share here with others looking into the topic that also works too, if you don't mind it would be super helpful, at least for me. Also some tips on BCM removal would be appreciated - it seems similar to the one I replaced in my 2012 Chrysler 300S, which was also on the right-hand side of the dash against the wall, it wasn't too bad to remove.

I am all for not paying someone else to keep their secrets, so I will try and make this work with what info we have here and will share my thoughts and experience. If not, I still have a perfectly good UAQ setup and will sell this UAV setup to pay for a new screen and be on my way. I can get a used BCM for ~$120 but just a little worried about losing the camera so maybe we will hear more on how to get that working. I've also found this thread and wonder if this would be all I need?

Thanks again for your help man - I did manage to see how the module mounts into the dash after you sent that video lol. And I tested the radio itself using AlfaOBD and can confirm it IS working, I just never got any picture, even after using Jscan to enable DSCD.

361 - 377 of 377 Posts