Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have alfaobd and I have gone through every cabin net option and there is no DSCD to enable
That’ll confirm that the windows version will be needed. That way you can switch to advanced mode and connect to the BCM as a 2019 ram, or a chrysler Pacifica to force the setting to populate. When I installed the UAV in my 2017 ram 4 months ago, I had to connect as a Pacifica to make the change. I assure you, the setting is able to be changed, and that’s the exact same thing that the genie did. All these BCMs are the same, it’s just a matter of how they’re configured. I could take a BCM from a grand Cherokee, manually configure it with AlfaOBD, and throw it in my Ram, and it’ll work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
went into advanced mode. Went to the 2019 bcm for a grand cherokee. I seen the DSCD option and disabled it thinking it would turn the option off for me since I have mine going. It did not shut it off. I'd like to figure it out so no one has to go to obd genie but I do not see anything that works for the grand cherokee.

·
Registered
19 Posts
went into advanced mode. Went to the 2019 bcm for a grand cherokee. I seen the DSCD option and disabled it thinking it would turn the option off for me since I have mine going. It did not shut it off. I'd like to figure it out so no one has to go to obd genie but I do not see anything that works for the grand cherokee.
Is the BCM broadcasting the change when you read the system status? Have you gone a few drive cycles with DCSD disabled? In advanced mode, switch over to a Pacifica BCM and try disabling the DCSD in that list. That’s the setting everyone has been using when installing the 12” screen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i disable it an hour or so ago. I will see if its off in the morning. For the 12 inch screen all you have to do is go to ram 2019 because that is already an option for that vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i disable it an hour or so ago. I will see if its off in the morning. For the 12 inch screen all you have to do is go to ram 2019 because that is already an option for that vehicle.
The 12” screen is the exact same situation as the UAV (and will work in a GC if it can be fabbed in)- the DCSD module needs to be enabled. This particular setting seems to not broadcast correctly on some BCMs for some reason. When guys swap in the 12” screen, they don’t use a 2019 ram settings list to enable the DCSD, they use a Pacifica, because some haven’t had luck using the exact same setting in the 2019 Ram list. If your screen doesn’t turn off by disabling DCSD when connected as a 2019 GC, it’s probably the same issue as with the Rams- the correct bits aren’t being changed, and I’d bet if you re-enabled it as a 2019 GC, then disabled it as a Pacifica, it’ll go out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So woke up this morning and guess what didn’t work lol. The screen. Ok so that’s great news. I’ll do it a few times and then try to make a post for us grand cherokees owners that aren’t getting robbed by infotainment to have this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
okay, so the update on this is I got the programmer without the whole kit. I wont go into how I got it so I get anyone in trouble. I plugged it in and less then a minute later it did its thing and it works without resetting anything. My UAV works and I want to help others. What I can do is rent it out to anyone that needs it for a fee excluding or including the harness I made if they dont want to cut into their own harness. I will be charging a HIGH fully refundable deposit ONLY to make sure I get my programmer back. Again I can rent this out but my only concern is that I get it back. If you are local in NY I can do it for you without any deposit.
Really it will only take less than a minute to use then you can send it right back to me. I am thinking the fee will include signature delivery to you, to make sure you got it then a return label to make sure I get it back. Once I get it back I will fully refund the deposit fee. message me if you are interested.
Hi is there any chance i could get one of those cables and rent the OBDGene?
I don't want to do the alfaobd path as I really don't want to screw things up.
Also is it possible to swap the buttons on the lowest raw as the bezel i have doesnot have all the buttons on my current overland? and if i just swap them from the current bezel will they work?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi is there any chance i could get one of those cables and rent the OBDGene?
I don't want to do the alfaobd path as I really don't want to screw things up.
Also is it possible to swap the buttons on the lowest raw as the bezel i have doesnot have all the buttons on my current overland? and if i just swap them from the current bezel will they work?
You can swap your old button setup to the new screen. I have checked that. And message me for the rental when you want it

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,840 Posts
I'm still.on the fence doing this on my 2018 trackhawk. Only thing is I don't wanna lose sirius guardian as I use it almost daily. Wish there was a way to continue that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don’t know why it wouldn’t work if you already have the modules. I’m on the ram forums and the guys do the 12 inch upgrade and they say they kept the guardian. But I think you should try it. Worst case is you don’t and you put it back the way it was. Sell the set up to someone else.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts