Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Correct, because it's not for that Model Year. Although you say 2013, I gather you mean MY14, if so, see this - http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0803518b.pdf

These are all listed here - Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2011-2019 Grand Cherokee Service Bulletins and Recalls

I have been following your fun with the maps in that thread.

Correct, mine is a MY14 and is running the 16.16.13 version. Can this new version be flashed on my car?

PS are you located in Redcliffe?

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

·
Premium Member
2014 Grand Cherokee 3.6L
761 Posts
Just updated to 17.43.01. Thanks to SOX:thumbsup: for hosting the update and SJandL :thumbsup:for pointing me to the correct folder on his MyDrive..
I like the refresh however, was disappointed with the rear camera looking a little washed out (like the White Balance needs adjusting) after the update.
I'll try a reboot tonight to see if it improves.

·
Premium Member
2014 Grand Cherokee 3.6L
761 Posts
Hi guys, I’ve just purchased a 2014 GC SRT, where do I find the latest uconnect t software to update my uconnect?
Post 87 of this thread will point you in the right direction.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 GC SRT
21 Posts
Many thanks guys, great work on providing the files and the advice.
My GC SRT is an April 2014 build car, carsales said it was a MY14, is this correct? I just thought that all the GCs with the 8 speed update (as I have) were MY15.
I'm trying to ensure I use the correct software version for the update.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Many thanks guys, great work on providing the files and the advice.
My GC SRT is an April 2014 build car, carsales said it was a MY14, is this correct? I just thought that all the GCs with the 8 speed update (as I have) were MY15.

Pretty sure the changeover build dates for model years is August for most US cars therefore, yours is a MY14. I have a Oct 14 build GC but it's a MY15.

·
Registered
14 GC SRT
21 Posts
Just completed the 17.43.01 (from 14.25.5) update on my MY14 SRT.
Was a bit scary during the update as it did a few reboots at the same stage of the install, I thought it was in a never ending reboot cycle at one stage.
Anyway, the update is all completed and I love the new look heaps better than the old one.

I have one issue, the headunit won't recognise my USB thumbdrives, when I plug one in (i've tried several), the USB source icon goes bold but it doesn't seem to find music. I can plug my iPhone into the USB port and it is recognised as an iPod source and it plays music. The SDCard slot also functions correctly.

Are there any tricks I need to do to sort this?

Edit--> I just reformatted one of the USB thumbdrives that wasn't working since the software update, it now works...odd.

Happy and many thanks to everyone involved in hosting the update files and giving excellent advice.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I just thought that all the GCs with the 8 speed update (as I have) were MY15.
The 8SP ZFs started on the WK2s which were built from early 2013 called MY14.

If you use the Uconnect website, and your VIN, then you can't really go wrong - https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

Unless it gives you nothing, which it does for me all of the time, in which case I use SOXs site as per my post back in post #87. Now you know for sure you're MY14 SRT, all good.

·
Registered
14 GC SRT
21 Posts
The 8SP ZFs started on the WK2s which were built from early 2013 called MY14.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Unless it gives you nothing, which it does for me all of the time, in which case I use SOXs site as per my post back in post #87. Now you know for sure you're MY14 SRT, all good.
I get nothing there, I just assumed it was because my car is an Australian delivered car.

I loaded the MY14 update and all good. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I get nothing there, I just assumed it was because my car is an Australian delivered car.
No, it works for the world, it's just an unreliable site.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
122 Posts
Hello SNUKE,

Just wanted to get your opinion on the version of Uconnect and system I have.

My JGC Overland WK2 was built on 21st June 2013, compliance in August 2013. Took possession at the end of September 2013, was a pre-order build. The Uconnect hardware I have is an 8.4AN and all of the letters I have had from FCA regarding re-calls for this vehicle have indicated a 2014 model.

Does this mean my vehicle is a MY2014 or is it a MY2013.

Also, how do I would out if my Uconnect is a RJ4 or RJ3 system.

I am trying to do map updates and my current system is at 16.13.13 and works fine. I am told by my dealer that to do the updates I need to be at 17.43.1. I have read your posts above and downloaded the UCONNECT_8.4AN_RJ4_17.43.01_MY14_ROW.zip you have suggested scottyjeep88 to do for his fathers overland which seems to be the same vintage.

The reason I ask is my dealer tried to update to 17.43.1 and it crashed and corrupted the whole system and it had to be re-flashed back to 16.13.13.

I am wondering if the AU version they have may be the issue and the ROW one I am downloading will solve the issue. What do you think?

Thank you for any suggestions and help, Regard's, JosephR.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Hey, you're MY14, with RJ4. RJ3 is for Laredos. Ltd and up have RJ4.

RJ3 - Uconnect 8.4 AM/FM/BT

RJ4 - Uconnect 8.4N AM/FM/BT/NAV

Au and ROW is exactly the same, as you will see my reply in the Map thread, I have read the saga. No idea what they did, or why they feel the need to bullshit you, may just be pure ignorance, but they should have done the update many times before.

Do it yourself, there is no harm, SOX has the update procedure there for you to download. Only the version numbers it references will be different due to the age of the guide, and you can ignore that older info.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
122 Posts
Hello SNUKE,

Thank you for taking time to read and reply to my posts, I greatly appreciate it.

I have downloaded the files suggested and found that when I have unzipped them there are 2 files, one smaller .iso file and one large .upd file. In the past it has just been one large .iso file, see below screen capture.

Is this correct?

Should I just copy them to the root directory of a blank USB drive and follow the usual upgrade process. Thank you for your help, Regards, JosephR.

Hey, you're MY14, with RJ4. RJ3 is for Laredos. Ltd and up have RJ4.

RJ3 - Uconnect 8.4 AM/FM/BT

RJ4 - Uconnect 8.4N AM/FM/BT/NAV

Au and ROW is exactly the same, as you will see my reply in the Map thread, I have read the saga. No idea what they did, or why they feel the need to bullshit you, may just be pure ignorance, but they should have done the update many times before.

Do it yourself, there is no harm, SOX has the update procedure there for you to download. Only the version numbers it references will be different due to the age of the guide, and you can ignore that older info.

Attachments

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
122 Posts
Hello all,

Well I attempted to do my update this morning with the files downloaded from SOX's server. After plugging in the USB stick and the system rebooting, I received an error message saying that the version is not compatible with my system and to remove the USB stick to return to previous version, which I did.

This is the site where I have downloaded the firmware from and below is a screen capture of the file names.

The Zip file name is - UCONNECT_8.4AN_RJ14_17.43.01_MY14_ROW.zip

https://www.mydrive.ch

Username: [email protected]
Password: gasolio

and this location - https://www.mydrive.ch/browse#/24857...0RJ3%20-%20RJ4

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you,Regards, JosephR.

Thank you for your help, will give it a try tomorrow. Regard's, JosephR.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 133 Posts