Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised that I searched for the answer, but I found nothing.

Are there any downsides to getting UConnect 8.4A AM/FM/BT/Access and then paying for NAV hookup? Except for the cost of course. Any missing features, etc...?

Just wondering because I changed my search parameters on the Jeep website to this and I am now seeing a bunch of vehicles in my area that have the option (ORA II) I want that did not show up before.

Many thanks.

bb

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Yes there is differences in the navigation. Why would not just pay the lesser amount for the nav unit than paying more later?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is differences in the navigation. Why would not just pay the lesser amount for the nav unit than paying more later?
Thanks SnoFire.

Do you know what the differences are? Are they major?

I don't understand the second part of your post.

bb

·
Registered
783 Posts
Off the top of my head, you lose 3D map options and HD radio.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the 8.4A, but still have the option to view in 3D mode, is it different from 8.4AN? Oh and i have Sirus xm traffic, not sure about travel link
Xnight- Do you know if you also have "Sensor-assisted GPS" working as well?

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
According to WK2jeeps

"The dealer activated navigation does not include Sensor-assisted GPS or 3D features"

·
Registered
88 Posts
I understand there is no HD radio on the A vs AN. I am enjoying having HD radio. I hate listening to AM stations and a few of the AM stations simulcast on FM HD substations... (i.e. in pgh 1020 KDKA AM can be heard on 93.7 KDKA FM-HD2)

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
I was just stating on what was on that site as it is run by Milous.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I understand there is no HD radio on the A vs AN. I am enjoying having HD radio. I hate listening to AM stations and a few of the AM stations simulcast on FM HD substations... (i.e. in pgh 1020 KDKA AM can be heard on 93.7 KDKA FM-HD2)
That i know i dont have... Would have been nice, maybe my next one

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think the 3D feature they're talking about is the buildings/landscape. When I was in Long Beach last weekend, some of the buildings would show on the map as a 3D model

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think the 3D feature they're talking about is the buildings/landscape. When I was in Long Beach last weekend, some of the buildings would show on the map as a 3D model
Hmm interesting, navigon on my ipad shows like that, have to pay more attention to my nav in the city... Maybe someone could snap a pic of the nav around town so i could confirm

1 - 20 of 38 Posts