Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
BMW
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! My husband and I just purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited & it came with Uconnect 8.4AN. It's the first time I've ever seen the Uconnect, so forgive my ignorance, but I'm trying to find out how it works exactly. Here's my question...

The jeep came with a 12 month trial to Uconnect Access, but I don't know if I'll be willing to put out the extra $$ to keep the subscription after that. Which features will I lose once it's over? My main concerns are the navigation & the bluetooth hands-free phone (I have an iPhone). Are those features of Uconnect or are they standard with the jeep & will remain on after the subscription runs out?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm still digging into it myself, but you won't lose phone connectivity since that's through Bluetooth and your phone and you won't lose navigation since that's part of the radio software. You will lose the sat radio and traffic condition options that sync with the nav. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I think you also lose the 911 and Assistance features ... the buttons on the mirror.

I believe we are all trying to figure this system out. :)

·
Registered
'14 wht/blu Overland
210 Posts
Think of anything uConnect Access as anything that requires the Jeep to use data through its Sprint connection. Without it, it can still do anything that doesn't require cellular data.

And Go Tigers!

·
Registered
186 Posts
does anyone know the cost of keeping each system after the trial period is over? The dealer plays dumb about that!

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
does anyone know the cost of keeping each system after the trial period is over? The dealer plays dumb about that!
You have a 1yr trial I thought?? Doesn't seem to be anything on the UConnect website

·
Registered
BMW
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm having trouble finding the site again but hte prices are

$9.99 per day
$19.99 per week
$37.99 per month

I never did find the price to make it a hot spot.

BTW this is the husband, it's supposed to be my account but if your married you know how that is LOL

·
Registered
'14 wht/blu Overland
210 Posts
I believe those are the prices for making it a hot spot.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Part of my smart phone with its $50/mo "unlimited" plan is that it can be a hot spot anywhere and not just in the heep & I can run my dash tablet, windows tablet, iPAD, and netbooks from it. I only need one check-of-the-month club for mobile & all can run off the cable wireless at home.

You really have to change the way you think about access, it should go with you and not the car.

I also have tablet mounts in all of my cars and the RV.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I spoke to UConnect today about registering my new 14 they said that they have not finalized the pricing and the price should be available in 3-6 months.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out how to keep my presets under the Settings menu to stop changing. I will click on one and remove a check and then 3 seconds later the check reappears, and vice versa. Errghh

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
The dealer isn't playing dumb, they really don't know. Uconnect has yet to release any pricing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like how uconnect suckers you in with all the features and you cannot even find out ahead of time how much it will be to continue it!

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
You have almost 10 months together it figured out.. People need to chill.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Uconnect in the 2014 GC froze up several times now. I decided to reload applications and now it has been stuck on "loading". no more bing no more assist, no more 911. I called in from home phone and they said the techs would be working on it for me next week. Are others having problems with their new uconnect systems as well?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
My Uconnect in the 2014 GC froze up several times now. I decided to reload applications and now it has been stuck on "loading". no more bing no more assist, no more 911. I called in from home phone and they said the techs would be working on it for me next week. Are others having problems with their new uconnect systems as well?
Knock on wood mine has been stable since UConnect did an over the airway reload 2 days after I bought it - hope they resolve yours as well - good luck!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts