Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Grand Cherokee. I send directions via Uconnect to my vehicle and then they're nowhere to be found.

Where are you SUPPOSED to be able to find them, and why aren't they in my car when I get there? I hear you're supposed to start the car and they'll be on your screen. Never happened.

Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've used that feature several times and I've found that once I start driving, a little pop-up box appears on the screen, something about asking me if I want to navigate to that destination.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
On my 2014, after using the Send 'N' Go directions, once you start the vehicle, the electronics need to load the apps. If I go into Settings and select Send 'N' Go, it will usually say there is nothing there at first and then populate after a few seconds allowing me to select the directions I desire. Otherwise, I can wait until everything is loaded and it will tell me that I have a new destination available and ask if I wish to activate it.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that doesn't happen in my vehicle, never has. So I guess I have to take this up with Jeep. Ugh!

Thanks for your replies, but unfortunately that's not happening here..

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
Using the UConnect app to send directions is a bit strange (at least compared to the old app) and I have noticed several times that when I thought I had sent directions, they actually had not gone out. Before contacting UConnect, open Send 'N' Go on your Jeep and see if anything is showing there at all, either recent or older. If not, then using the phone app, see if there is a history of directions sent. If not, you might not have actually sent the data to the vehicle. I have managed to do this by having the app find the destination and saving it and then hitting the vehicle location and hitting Send to Vehicle on the little icon that pops up in the middle of the map. If all that fails, then call UConnect and see if they can resolve the issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a 2014 GC, never heard of Send n' Go. What is it? Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
I have a 2014 GC, never heard of Send n' Go. What is it? Thanks
Send 'N' Go is a UConnect app that is loaded in the 8.4AN (and probably also the A radios where nav is enabled). Using the UConnect phone app, you can set your destination and then send it to UConnect for transmittal to the vehicle. It does require a UConnect subscription.

I find it much easier to do many of my nav research, especially if my destination is a POI instead of an address, on my computer or phone and then transmit it to the car so that everything is set up when I go out to make the trip. An added benefit is that if you don't want to make the trip when you first start driving, you can call the app up on the vehicle at a later time and still download the destination information to the nav system. It's usually easier to do that than to hit all the buttons on the screen to set it up or to verbally do it in the car while trying to remember all the necessary details or addresses. Again, I especially like it for POI's as the phone app seems to find those better than the nav in the vehicle.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks Mike, I like to do the same thing and was the reason I still use my Garmin NUVI instead of the indash unit. Did the app come as a UConnect update or do you have to order it somewhere? Never mind, I see it is part of UConnect access which expired on mine. I'll look into it once I get the current UConnect issue resolved. UConnect, it just keeps on giving :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
Thanks Mike, I like to do the same thing and was the reason I still use my Garmin NUVI instead of the indash unit. Did the app come as a UConnect update or do you have to order it somewhere?
It came with one of the UConnect updates. I've been using it at least since the 17.xx updates came out - can't remember exactly when it appeared. I note that you've been having nav problems on one of the other threads and that may be why you haven't seen it. It should be visible on the second page of the Apps screen on the 8.4AN if you have it. You do need to download the phone app though to make it work.

I used the original phone app for a long time, even after the new one came out, but last year, the old one stopped working and I was forced to go to the newer one. I don't think it is as easy to use, but it still works pretty well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am at 17.11.17. Have been trying to update to 18.45.01 since last November. I do not have that app on the 8.4AN. I also let my UConnect Access lapse and it looks like that's where the app resides. I opened a case regarding the update issues today, response is to contact dealer. Oh well, at least I get free coffee and donuts. Other than the UConnect issues, the GC has been rock solid.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
I am at 17.11.17. Have been trying to update to 18.45.01 since last November. I do not have that app on the 8.4AN. I also let my UConnect Access lapse and it looks like that's where the app resides. I opened a case regarding the update issues today, response is to contact dealer. Oh well, at least I get free coffee and donuts. Other than the UConnect issues, the GC has been rock solid.
I have never received an OTA update on mine; I have had to download every one so far. I only had one that caused problems and that was one of the 15.xx ones. It caused my radio to lose all nav functions and resulted in Jeep replacing the radio. Then the replacement radio died within a month, so I am on my third one which has worked flawlessly except for OTA's. Now, I don't know if my unit cannot receive OTA's or whether they have never sent one to me. I received a message on the radio on two occasions that one would be coming out, but never got either one.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It is really simple stuff. I managed a tech support group before retiring and were doing OTA updates for sales reps laptops 15 years ago. You see all different issues in the posts here. I have not seen any announcement for a new one, so the one I am getting must still be for the 18.45.01, which service bypassed on mine. I'd be happy if it had stayed the same as it was last Friday or let me be able to toggle them on/off.

·
Registered
High Altitude JGC
5 Posts
I have a 2019 Grand Cherokee. I send directions via Uconnect to my vehicle and then they're nowhere to be found.

Where are you SUPPOSED to be able to find them, and why aren't they in my car when I get there? I hear you're supposed to start the car and they'll be on your screen. Never happened.

Thanks!
I've started using Google Maps to "send" directions. If I use any device to do a Google Maps search and directions, then close it out and connect my phone thru the USB port: on starting the car and using the [PHONE] button the screen will take me to suggested routes. I just select the last one I searched and it will navigate using the Google Maps app which I prefer anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts