Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Uconnect - faild to update and neverending loop

148K views 161 replies 84 participants last post by  mrbrown366 
I tried to update my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude just last night 2/3/21. I got the loop of death so I tried driving around and everything and nothing worked. I disconnected the negative battery cable and called it a night. This morning, 2/4, I called Uconnect and they said it wasn’t my fault and that they would pay for the issue to be fixed by the dealer. No one mentioned anything about a warranty or anything like that but I only have 59000 miles on my Jeep, so I’m not sure if that was a factor or not. Anyway, Uconnect contacted my local dealer and we have an appointment set up for the following week. It probably would have been sooner had it not already been Thursday but it’s fine. My biggest inconvenience is now I have to disconnect my battery every time I finish driving so my battery doesn’t die. Hopefully the dealer won’t try to charge me any additional fees but I will update my post after I get it fixed. Hopefully this means Uconnect is finally taking ownership of this issue and helping people like us out.

Spent about 3 hours in my Grand Cherokee trying to update Uconnect so I could load new maps. After the clouds moved and the sun came out, I called uconnect and the tech walked me thru every kind of reset attempt known....I think...and NOTHING reset. It felt like my Jeep was now possessed by the bolo file!!!! Nothing turns that screen off— unless somebody else has a better idea, I’m going with LatekaW and disconnecting the battery. Uconnect said they would work with the tech at the dealership and would pay if it was needed. This has been an illuminating day— thank you all for your posts! Still sorting thru just in case somebody figured out how to reset the system back to factory settings (which we weren’t able to do).

On my 2 hour trip to Dallas, I kept pushing in the USB drive and taking it out— after letting the program try to load. I’d guess it was about 10 times... and finally, as I got to Dallas, my radio came on— and everything was restored—including my original settings. Those who say, “keep trying” and “don’t give up” are right! I will admit frustration allowed me to just shove that usb into the slot without waiting 2 to 5 minutes as instructed... and at one point, I pulled it out before it told me to. SUCCESS!!! Thanks to you all!