Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JGC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys!! I've had my jeep GC Overland V8(max steel/Blu brown) for about 2 weeks now and the Bluetooth stopped connecting to my iPhone. I was on the phone with UConnect and they tried the soft reset which didn't work. Then told
Me to take it to the dealer and have them do a hard reset. Anyone know what this is or how to do it? Or will I just be taking the car to the dealer for them to disconnect the battery for 10 mins?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Uconnect Re-boot:
Hold Mute and Tune buttons for reboot.
This makes no changes to your settings, it is just a reboot procedure.

Uconnect Factory (Engineering) reset:
Hold temp up and down buttons to access engineering menu.
This will wipe all of your personal settings and take it back to factory default. It will also load with the SRT logo and take several minutes to hours before it will look the same as it did before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Uconnect Re-boot:

This will wipe all of your personal settings and take it back to factory default. It will also load with the SRT logo and take several minutes to hours before it will look the same as it did before.
Does that also revert the current software version, back to the original?

·
Registered
JGC Overland
2,733 Posts
It just reloads the firmware last installed. There's no roll-back as a result... you need to revert via USB as per a firmware upgrade.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uconnect Re-boot:

Uconnect Re-boot:

Hello. I just got a 2017 Jeep Wrangler and I am having issues with the Uconnect and my voice not being detected to complete the setup process. The soft reset did not work. Can you record the other reset you mentioned for me to try, as I am unsure how to do it based on your description listed? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
There are several videos on YouTube about it, here is one -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts