Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am at a loss.
I purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass 4x4 latitude in 2021. The vehicle only had a little over 6,000 miles on it. I have not owned the vehicle longer than a year and I noticed a bubble on my screen that started at the top on both corners. It has grown and is now causing minor glitches. Now I got warranty MAP 4 star. With my dealership. I’m at quite a loss with it most likely not being under factory warranty and I am scared of what to do now.

·
Registered
2001 WJ/WG, 3.1TD VM Motori.
1,297 Posts
Welcome to the jeep family

There's another post referring to touchscreen delaminating that I've just seen, so it might be worthwhile for you to check this thread out. Hope it helps, as it doesn't look like there's a film covering but the threads might offer you a solution of what to do next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the jeep family
Is there any chance you could post a photo of it so we can see the issue?
It probably won't be this, but is there a protective film on the screen that hasn't been removed yet that's got grease/fingerprints stuck on it, so the touch screen sees commands that causes it to do crazy stuff? (I only say this because my touchscreen tablet thing started bubbling after a while and glitching- then I saw the clear film and removed it.)

There's another post referring to touchscreen delaminating that I've just seen, so it might be worthwhile for you to check this thread out. Hope it helps, as it doesn't look like there's a film covering but the threads might offer you a solution of what to do next.
It’s the actual screen delaminating from the inside..

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Lol I just re-edited my response, cutting out that bit regarding the film so if people look and wonder what you're referring to- that's on me.
I can see you've found the thread, so that's a big thumbs up!
The outer screen transparency bit seems to be a notorious issue, but can be fixed with the guidance given.
Good luck with it, and the folk on these forum pages will help you out with any queries
As they say, you're in good hands (y)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Have a browse through this thread that's related to your issue. It shows possible fixes of how those who are out of warranty have tackled it:

Page 2 of the posts has a link for purchasing an LG replacement screen and a YouTube tutorial on how to do the repair at home
Double check yours is the same one though, but it seems replacement screens can be brought instead of having to replace the whole unit
Good luck, and I'm sure that by exploring these forums concerning your issue, you will be a happy bunny once again! (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi! I am at a loss.
I purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass 4x4 latitude in 2021. The vehicle only had a little over 6,000 miles on it. I have not owned the vehicle longer than a year and I noticed a bubble on my screen that started at the top on both corners. It has grown and is now causing minor glitches. Now I got warranty MAP 4 star. With my dealership. I’m at quite a loss with it most likely not being under factory warranty and I am scared of what to do now.
ADD ON.

I already called and spoke to jeep care and there was absolutely no help there due to not having the direct jeep extended warranty through MOPAR and or being in the time frame for the factory warranty. Currently calling around to dealerships in hope my extended warranty I am with will work with a dealership, if not it’ll be a loss and I am screwed into paying out of pocket 2k. I’m so disappointed.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If you get no joy with the warranty cover, I would seriously consider the steps taken by others to get a replacement screen from Ebay and fix it yourself, as my previous post links to.
It'll cost a lot less than 2k. Totally understand the disappointments people feel, not just because of these screens, but also with FCA, especially when it's reported as a known issue from 2020 that stems from factory fitments, meaning that the later owners never asked for -nor deserved- this failure that originated from poor quality parts being installed in the first place. In this sense, issues and recalls should be for the life of the vehicle and any recalls done can easily be tagged to the VIN plate, so later owners can't try and get a freebie deal if it's already been rectified.
You would've thought FCA would oblige this and offer the swap to rectify, no matter if its 3 years or ten years down the line, as it seems to me that 2nd+ owners of these vehicles are the ones being persecuted and left out of pocket if the original owner (or those who had it inside the 3 years warranty limit) didn't get it rectified while they could, most likely because the screens never failed under their ownership.
And what if yours is under the 36k limit as well? That feels a right double nut-kicker to me, and I would argue that point- is it 3 year warranty only? If so, then there seems to be some confusion- 3 year or 36k, meaning a warranty is potentially voided if the vehicle does more than 36k in under 3 years? I wonder how many people get caught out by that little money saver these car makers and dealerships shelve out?

Maybe though, FCA are just keeping up with the tradition of what Jeep means to us older generation model owners?
Just Empty Every Pocket
However, that's still no excuse...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.