Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 wk2 70 anniversary hemi powered with about 86k miles on it. I attempted to pair my I phone to my nav unit and in spite of being able to do so with a previous phone could not with this van one! When going through the Uconnect menu prompts the system ignores my voice, consequently pairing is impossible! After calling the Uconnect people and talking with Jeep Cares 2 days ago I took the vehicle to my local dealer Sterling Heights Jeep as they suggested I needed a software update. After they looked at and attempted the software update, I was informed that to correct the problem a “jumper wire” would have to be run from the rear quarter panel area up to the instrument panel. That procedure, of course, would require a large amount of time and money. While I’d like to pair my phone and also play any music stored on it through the system I’m not keen on the idea that out of the blue this system went bad not to mention the time and money involved! So I’m asking the community if this particular issue is something that other people have experienced?? And how to correct the issue? And what’s this “jumper” fix the dealer is talking about?? Thanks any suggestions will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
New one not Van one …IPhone 11
Sounds sus. Might be software incompatibility with new phone. One thing you might want to try is a CarPlay or android equivilent wireless dongle. Look on Amazon for wireless CarPlay. About 100$ may help with software incompatibilities.

Others have installed brand new headend, new oem or aftermarket. Not hard to do your self.Utube has step by step instructions. Around $1000.

·
Administrator
11,803 Posts
Makes no sense to me...it sounds like a Bluetooth issue and other than an antenna connection, that would be internal to the head unit. New firmware for the MY11-MY13 systems have not been produced in many years now, BTW. If you plan on keeping this vehicle around much longer, upgrading the head unit to an aftermarket unit with current features is a good way to go and using the proper interfaces will also preserve vehicle functions like steering wheel controls and the backup camera, etc. Crutchfield is a good resource to understand what your options are for both a replacement head unit and the necessary interfaces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts