Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 wk2 70 anniversary hemi powered with about 86k miles on it. I attempted to pair my I phone to my nav unit and in spite of being able to do so with a previous phone could not with this van one! When going through the Uconnect menu prompts the system ignores my voice, consequently pairing is impossible! After calling the Uconnect people and talking with Jeep Cares 2 days ago I took the vehicle to my local dealer Sterling Heights Jeep as they suggested I needed a software update. After they looked at and attempted the software update, I was informed that to correct the problem a “jumper wire” would have to be run from the rear quarter panel area up to the instrument panel. That procedure, of course, would require a large amount of time and money. While I’d like to pair my phone and also play any music stored on it through the system I’m not keen on the idea that out of the blue this system went bad not to mention the time and money involved! So I’m asking the community if this particular issue is something that other people have experienced?? And how to correct the issue? And what’s this “jumper” fix the dealer is talking about?? Thanks any suggestions will be appreciated!!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on the issue, as the two responses stated the dealership’s response to my problem had me scratching my head wondering, to say the least. Anyhow I decided to try the pairing procedure once again. Using MarkDGregory’s suggestion of looking at the “CarPlay” settings I went through the steps of retraining voice commands and noticed two steps that I may have not answered in a “correct “ manner. 1)When stating the phone’s name I stated “IPhone 11” which it is, and thinking the IPhone model would suffice. Turns out that after looking in my general settings the name is really “Bill’s IPhone” which I then corrected. Thought that may correct the issue but it did not! 2) The next question I may not have correctly answered was the priority level: I stated #1 which was already occupied by my old (2 phones ago)phone, I thought it would override the old one and insert the new phone. But it did not and once again the pairing failed. So once again I went through the various pairing steps and when I got to the priority level I stated #5 which was the next “open” slot!! Then it finally paired!!! See nothing to it!
So two “mistakes/missteps” caused all these problems and would have made the dealership a fair amount of money!!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully my experience/explanation above will help someone else who is going through a similar situation and avoid the expense of a dealership “fix”!! Which still makes me wonder just what the dealership intentions were for resolving this (what turned out to be) nonproblem! One would think their software/hardware analysis would have or should have resolved this nonissue!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks RoadiJeff , you’re right I won’t mess with it now that it’s working ,but out of curiosity just how does one go about deleting unused obsolete phones in the Uconnect priority system?? I think there’s only 6 slots so I’m down to 1 left!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts