Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 GC Trailhawk
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 GCTH and my Uconnect trial subscription is due to retire soon.
Does anyone know if I will lose my offroad pages if I do not renew?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
307 Posts
You will lose them. I lost mine and after getting absolutely nowhere with the JeepCares people on here I happened to get a survey about my satisfaction with the GC. I mentioned that my OR Pages stopped working and I got a call from a very disinterested lady who just told me they were part of UConnect's services. Total letdown.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
What?

Has that changed from the 2017 to the 2018 model year builds?

I don't understand what the "OffRoad Pages" have to do with Uconnect??
I didn't activate my free trial for UConnect and I still have those OffRoad pages in my new 2018 Overland?

You will lose the various engine/tranny accessory gauges page, the wheel articulation pitch and roll pages.....

WHY?? Doesn't make any sense at all!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I didn't activate my free trial for U onnect and I have offroad pages..... I'm with Raptor and don't see the connection.

The answer provided to you is not acceptable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Uconnect expired 4 months ago and my Off Road Pages work fine. I see it as a separate app. that came with purchase of the vehicle. I also see no correlation...what would it require a subscription for? Hell, I didn't have the complete Off Road Pages until shortly before Uconnect expired. I suggest you go higher up the food chain with Jeep...

·
Registered
Trailhawk
143 Posts
I don’t think I ever activated my uconnect trial and still have off road pages. Bought mine in April of 17.

My window sticker has the off road pages as a separate feature on its own. That should be enough to make a case that it is a stand-alone feature.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
307 Posts
Well I tried using the email thing on the Jeep site last night and it locked up. Not writing all that crap again. :lol:

I'm losing coolant now too so at some point in the next few weeks I'll bring it to the dealer to see if they can do anything. Not holding my breath as these are the same morons who asked me what a 5 tire rotation was with my Wrangler when I requested one.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
307 Posts
This morning after getting nowhere with chat or the email to customer service I called and after being transferred to the wrong department, a lady was still able to help me by giving me info on how to do a simple reboot. Took 2 minutes. I now have access to the Off Road Pages again but the fact it took three months to get someone competent at Chrysler is absurd.

For anyone who has their UConnect system doing weird stuff, press the mute and browse buttons in for like 5-10 seconds until the screen goes blank and release them. The system will reboot. This solved my problems.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Reboot is always the default method to clearing up any bugs in the system. I figured this out years ago with my Rams Uconnect system. Now every new Vehicle I get with the Uconnect, I learn how to reboot it and print the info out and staple it into my manual. When in doubt “reboot”.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Reviving this old thread.

2017 Trailhawk....
My Offroad Pages have worked fine for over two years and just disappeared today. I never activated or subsribed to Uconnect Acees or any other services except the free travellink.

My Uconnect hasn't updated, tbough I did get a message last week that an OTA update was coming. But nothing since. How do things just spontaneously disappear?

I had the Offroad Page app icon on the bottom row, that's how I noticed since I don't use them everyday. The iconis there, but now just has an exclamation point there. The app is no longer on the apps screen. Weird.

·
Registered
Overland
6 Posts
So I keep reading about these off road pages. Should I have these on my 2016 Overland? I have some on the drivers info display on the dash but not on the 8.4 screen.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Like the others have said, my off road page is working fine on my '18 even though i get a letter just about every week to re-subscribe.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Reviving this old thread.

2017 Trailhawk....
My Offroad Pages have worked fine for over two years and just disappeared today. I never activated or subsribed to Uconnect Acees or any other services except the free travellink.

My Uconnect hasn't updated, tbough I did get a message last week that an OTA update was coming. But nothing since. How do things just spontaneously disappear?

I had the Offroad Page app icon on the bottom row, that's how I noticed since I don't use them everyday. The iconis there, but now just has an exclamation point there. The app is no longer on the apps screen. Weird.
Mine disappeared a few days ago too. I am thinking about doing a system reset...have you tried that or did you get yours to come back?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I just updated to 18.45. And it immediately appeared. I wonder if we lost this page b/c our radios were preparing for the OTA update or maybe preparing for the 11/3 cutoff? Anyway I got the update off the Uconnect site...wanted to try that before a dealer trip. Glad I did

·
Registered
36 Posts
is there a way to initiate an update? i've only had my '17 trailhawk for about three weeks now and it disappeared about a week ago. it was the most useful screen on the truck... all the gauges in one place. i already tried rebooting with no luck.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
is there a way to initiate an update? i've only had my '17 trailhawk for about three weeks now and it disappeared about a week ago. it was the most useful screen on the truck... all the gauges in one place. i already tried rebooting with no luck.
Unfortunately not. Did you check the site? I still think it’s odd how we lost it last week. That has never happened before. I guess you could always try the dealer. I tired to avoid that

·
Registered
36 Posts
yea, i think they are messing with us somehow. i looked on the uconnect website and its very vague what the subscription service includes and what the actual benefits are. it seems like a pile of garbage. i really want the offroad pages back though. all the same gauges are in the digital dash menu, but i want to see them all with a quick glance.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
yea, i think they are messing with us somehow. i looked on the uconnect website and its very vague what the subscription service includes and what the actual benefits are. it seems like a pile of garbage. i really want the offroad pages back though. all the same gauges are in the digital dash menu, but i want to see them all with a quick glance.
I agree, I like the pages too. Especially the pitch and roll

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
UPDATE*****as soon as my car synched with the servers this morn on the way to work, the pages immediately disappeared. It was there last night and at start up. I know it left when it synched up b/c my subscription immediately started working too. So something is def weird about all this.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts