Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I hope all is well.

I just picked up a 2019 High Altitude and noticed that the Uconnect screen tends to hang onto to the previous screen or ghost the previous screen when changing. Attached is a picture of what I am talking about. When I put it in reverse, you can still see the previous screen. Now if I leave it in reverse for several minutes, the previous screen will eventually go away.

Gadget Vehicle Display device Electronic device Auto part

I have tried to reset it with the trick of holding down the volume and scroll buttons but it will not reset. I even tried holding down the temperature at the top right corner and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced anything like this?

Thank you in advance! Cheers!

- Mike

· Registered
2,567 Posts

I just picked up a 2019 High Altitude and noticed that the Uconnect screen tends to hang onto to the previous screen or ghost the previous screen when changing. Attached is a picture of what I am talking about. When I put it in reverse, you can still see the previous screen. Now if I leave it in reverse for several minutes, the previous screen will eventually go away.

View attachment 247384

I have tried to reset it with the trick of holding down the volume and scroll buttons but it will not reset. I even tried holding down the temperature at the top right corner and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced anything like this?

- Mike
Sorry to hear of this happening, ItalianJeeper77. We're available via private message to check for any available resources on our end if this is still present.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
75 Posts

View attachment 247384

- Mike
Same issue. This is my second screen after having the original replaced under MaxCare warranty.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Same issue. This is my second screen after having the original replaced under MaxCare warranty.
Hi Jc1305us,

I'm sorry to hear this recurred to you. Please feel welcome to PM us if you're working with your MaxCare warranty for further diagnosis and repair.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2018 WK2 Limited 4x4 V6
27 Posts
My screen was staying in reverse mode even after driving in D for 10 minutes or more. The only way to reset was to stop the car, turn it off, then back on. Due to screen delamination, I am getting a new head unit as we speak under after market extended warranty. I hope this fixes the stuck screen issue.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad I am not the only one but sorry to hear it is happening to you too! Did they provide any idea of how to fix it or just replace it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts