Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody stumbled across any info on SDK? According to this info it will be able to run any BB10 apps natively.

News: UConnect to run Blackberry apps?

The info is a little bit dated now. Wonder if anybody has any info on this. I would imagine until they work out any bugs any development on 3rd party apps will be on hold.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
Although it says "News", it seems they were really asking if it will run BB apps, rather than saying it would. So far, I haven't seen anything that actually confirmed it would. But, you never know.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is unfounded speculation because uconnect is presumably built upon QNX. It's like asking if Android will run Linux apps or if iOS will run Mac apps.
Seems like more than just speculation:

" Chrysler and RIM are reportedly working on full Blackberry 10 integration, which would allow it to any apps developed using the standard BB10 SDK, and, in theory, allow it to run any apps that run on Blackberry phones."

·
Registered
772 Posts
Seems like more than just speculation:

" Chrysler and RIM are reportedly working on full Blackberry 10 integration, which would allow it to any apps developed using the standard BB10 SDK, and, in theory, allow it to run any apps that run on Blackberry phones."
I think that quote is actually the very definition of speculation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts