Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The likely Culprit Sirius Guardian.
i received with my 2020 WK2 a 1GB trial for the WiFi hotspot. In less than a week the 1GB was depleted. I know it was not technically possible for me to have gone through that much data on my 10min round trip drive to and from work in less than 7 days.

has anyone else experienced this also? It’s my understanding that the UConnect is supposed to operate independently of any separate data plan the vehicle owner purchases.
Thoughts? Experience?

regards
DC

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,159 Posts
Sirius has nothing to do with your wifi and the only thing that does, would be you connecting your phone to it, also 1 GB is not that much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has nothing to do with “Sirius” it has to do with the “telematics” unit used by Guardian UConnect.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
This has nothing to do with “Sirius” it has to do with the “telematics” unit used by Guardian UConnect.

Guardian is a Sirius product that replaced the Uconnect Access application. Sirius likely gave FCA a better deal than what FCA coukd do with Uconnect Access back in 2017.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,159 Posts
Call Uconnect and ask, but I'm positive anything sirius doesn't use your Wifi because I had it on a vehicle and didn't have Wifi.

WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY
An available 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot( Disclosure17) lets your passengers stream, browse, share and more from the open road on up to eight devices. A 3-month trial (including 1 GB of data) is available on most new vehicles.

Enjoy an in-vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot. Learn more about our unlimited data offer starting at $20/month. After 22 GB of data per line is used within one month, you may experience slower speeds.

A 1GB data plan will allow you to browse the internet for around 12 hours, to stream 200 songs or to watch 2 hours of standard-definition video. Nowadays, the key difference between mobile phone price plans is how many gigabytes of data it comes with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts