Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picked up the 2014 Summit, so far so good except - UConnect, not impressed, 24hrs later and still unable to register / connect - support keeps telling me they completed a major upgrade and it caused problems, I think something else. Went to pick up a pizza this afternoon and system reboots while driving, shuts down lights and anything else that is managed by the UConnect system. - I hope this is not a sign of bad things to come with the new model - sigh

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Someone should message Ralph on Twitter about this..We need TOP PRIORITY to get this working right!!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Lord, our new jeep is due at the dealership a week from Monday. I sure hope we dont end up trading our perfect running Jeep for a new lemon. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
So picked up the 2014 Summit, so far so good except - UConnect, not impressed, 24hrs later and still unable to register / connect - support keeps telling me they completed a major upgrade and it caused problems, I think something else. Went to pick up a pizza this afternoon and system reboots while driving, shuts down lights and anything else that is managed by the UConnect system. - I hope this is not a sign of bad things to come with the new model - sigh
I picked up my Summit on Tuesday and Uconnect seems to work fine with my Motorola phone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No problems so far with mine, works perfectly with the phone as well. I'll still check out the update when it arrives however.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine works as well with the phone, the problem is with registering the system for the remote features / bing / apps etc. Also the reload of the system in drive with no warning. Will see how today goes, received an email stating my headunit is no longer registered and I need to re-register.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I registered mine on Tuesday and all was good, maybe they are having capacity issues on the backend.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update -- UConnect service did a reload of my headunit and reloaded the software, appears to be working now, hopefully the end of that saga.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I told my dad about the problems some people were facing and that i was starting to think about backing out of my purchase. I guess i have another week to decide what im going to do.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this is the price for being an early adopter, my build date was March 13th. I had a number of issues but most have been resolved by Uconnect service and Jeep. The lesson I learned was to take more time at the dealer, look, touch, feel and start up everything prior to leaving the lot. I think you'll be okay due to them at least having fixes for the problems we've all had thus far.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry to hear that! My summit and its uconnect have been perfect. Just hit 500 miles. Although when the salesman paired my iphone5 to uconnect, it works perfect, my contacts, etc, but it lists the phone under my wife's name and not mine. I think it has something to do with the cloud. Because all my contacts and my wifes are in each others phone.

Hope you gets your fixed right away.

·
Registered
GC Limited
71 Posts
I had issues setting up mine as well, but it turns out it was the email address i used, i tried a comcast.net one and it didnt work as well as my military account i ended up making a gmail account and redid the process and all was good after that. they also told me that you can only do the setup once every 10 -15 min any sooner and the system wont pick it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts