Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

So this will be my first jeep, and I’m super excited for it.
Found a brand new Grand Cherokee limited and it has every option I want except for the upgraded speaker system.
I got a really good deal on this car so I don’t want to back out because of the speakers :(

Anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the stock 6 speaker system?
Obviously I’ll be adding a subwoofer, but is it possible to just replace the current speakers and add a few more speakers while I’m at it? Is that a thing?

· Registered
958 Posts
You can absolutely upgrade the speakers.
you can upgrade the amp or amps.
sky is the limit.
I wasn’t aware of the 6 speaker system
(I thought it was alpine or mcintosh)

But I would say for price we all paid for the stereo upgrade, you can build a way better system.
  • You need a multi channel line converter
  • multi channel amp and speakers.

Not difficult to do, extend OEM speaker wires so they will reach the multi channel converter.
then run a RCA cable from each channel to your multi channel amp, then new speaker wire from the amp out to your new speakers.

because your 6 speaker system will not have a factory subwoofer I recommend the LCi7 converter. It has a bass output which you would run to your sub amp.

Product Font Rectangle Parallel Diagram

chrysler is famous for sending a different frequency range to each speaker application. Hence the multi channel converter.
The more basic 6 speaker system may not be as fussy if all 6 speakers are the same size ect.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow that’s good info. Thank you!

Let’s say I wanted to replace my 6 speakers with 10 or 11, where would they even go? Would I have to have custom fabricated panels for that or?

· Registered
958 Posts
Oh wow that’s good info. Thank you!

Let’s say I wanted to replace my 6 speakers with 10 or 11, where would they even go? Would I have to have custom fabricated panels for that or?
6 quality speakers and quality amps will be more than enough.

· Registered
427 Posts
Just a warning but it’s best to remember a lot of vehicles these days don’t come apart or go back together very well. Be careful of clips, fasteners, etc so you don’t break them and understand that even if you put everything back together perfectly you might have new rattles and noises.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a warning but it’s best to remember a lot of vehicles these days don’t come apart or go back together very well. Be careful of clips, fasteners, etc so you don’t break them and understand that even if you put everything back together perfectly you might have new rattles and noises.
I’m not exactly the handiest man around 😅. Thankfully I have a few family members that will be able to help and have a lot of experience with this stuff.
From my understanding there are a few steps I can take to prevent rattles from clips and such.
I just hope I don’t end up spending more on de-rattling than I do on the sound system 😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts