Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just happen to be looking at Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2011 Grand Cherokee engines and noticed that Milous has listed the specs for the CRD destined for the USA. Power is the same but torque is significantly increased from 550Nm to 569Nm. Whatever they have done, I want it! I notice the rail pressure is upped from 1,800bar to 2,000bar.

·
Premium Member
MY12 JGC Overland
875 Posts
I wonder if the revised torque will flow down to Australia, surely they wouldn't have 2 different specs, unless the exhaust gas treatment arrangements can make a difference.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dunno about upping the rail pressure.........our Jeep was sidelined for several weeks while a new fuel pressure rail was sourced from the US.
I posted about it at the time - the thing shut down at 100kph towing a van on the Newell Highway.
Cut out the story but it was diagnosed as the sensor (which is embedded in the rail) hence the rail replacement.

i have a faint recollection I did see a post somehwre that Fiat Switzerland do an engine management reflash that bumps up torque to 620nm - and under warranty. Now that might be worthwhile! (but not for me - I'm still toey about fuel pressure). Ours goes just fine.
John

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
the mercedes CRD had different specs in different geos too, I was never able to reconcile why.

·
Premium Member
Jeep SRT
2,188 Posts
Maybe we should piss in the tanks, as the USA has the UREA injection. There could be some merit to a Jeep urinal, I mean fuel filler.

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dunno about upping the rail pressure.........our Jeep was sidelined for several weeks while a new fuel pressure rail was sourced from the US.
I posted about it at the time - the thing shut down at 100kph towing a van on the Newell Highway.
Cut out the story but it was diagnosed as the sensor (which is embedded in the rail) hence the rail replacement.

i have a faint recollection I did see a post somehwre that Fiat Switzerland do an engine management reflash that bumps up torque to 620nm - and under warranty. Now that might be worthwhile! (but not for me - I'm still toey about fuel pressure). Ours goes just fine.
John
I thought that would strike a raw nerve with you :)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts