Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these concerns. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a different dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
How about Jeep and UConnect/SIrius just do the right thing and put out a software update to correct the issue. Let's be honest, that's all this is about. It drives me nuts that they ignorant to fix the issue. As much as the dealer was in the wrong, Jeep is just as much to blames for putting out a terrible product.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Happened again this morning. 2 times in 2 days. Started the Jeep this morning and the "Media Files Not Found" message appeared on the screen. Not sure if I should ride around with the error message for 2 weeks while I attempt to get an appointment with the dealer or if I should just remove and reinsert the USB and hope for the best. I suspect the dealer will just remove and reinsert the USB and declare the issue fixed.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Update: I parked the Jeep yesterday morning (Thu) at work and left the audio system on. I had it on 'media' so the "Media Files Not Found" message was displayed on the screen when I shut the engine down. 10 hours later I left the office and started the engine. The audio system started right up in the middle of the song from Wednesday night.(?!?!)

No sense making an appointment with the dealer at the moment. Guess I will have to wait it out.

I swear this thing is possessed. l think I will change her name to 'Christine'....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am the OP for this thread. I have never found a solution to this problem. I've tried different sizes and brands of USBs and tried both USB positions with no solution. As stated by other users, it is a random/intermittent problem which is nearly impossible to replicate on demand. My TrackHawk has been flawless otherwise, so I guess I should consider myself lucky to have only this one annoying problem.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear there is no official resolution for this but I'm happy your TrackHawk experience has been so good. I'm still trying to work out all the kinks on my GC before the warranty is up.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts