Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my TH, but I am evaluating whether or not I am going to keep it. I perused the buy/sell forum and saw nothing on the TH. Does anyone have any tips on defining the market for a lightly driven TH?

My MSRP was about $98k, with just about all features minus rear entertainment. It has about 3k miles on it.

Has anyone here seen anything similar sold used? If not, any tips on how to find the market value and/or the best place to list it? The car is too new to be in KBB.

Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Love my TH, but I am evaluating whether or not I am going to keep it. I perused the buy/sell forum and saw nothing on the TH. Does anyone have any tips on defining the market for a lightly driven TH?

My MSRP was about $98k, with just about all features minus rear entertainment. It has about 3k miles on it.

Has anyone here seen anything similar sold used? If not, any tips on how to find the market value and/or the best place to list it? The car is too new to be in KBB.

Thanks.
If there's nothing on Edmunds, KBB, eBay, autotrader or car gurus I would try inquiring with dealerships on what they would give you on a trade-in. Then calculate up from there to figure out
where a private party price should be.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thanks.

Be prepared to take a beating from the dealerships.

·
Registered
Trackhawk
81 Posts
If u paid sticker r higher you can knock at least 6-10k off that price, you can easily get one at invoice or as much as 2% below invoice now brand new. I saw a used one for sale out of Austin on auto trader. Tell us more about why you would already b considering that. Is it the vehicle or personal. I would not expect u to explain if it is personal reason. Still waiting on mine to b shipped but would appreciate any feedback on the vehicle in your opinion. Thank you

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
Yes. Interested to know as well.
Someone.posted down Manheim auction prices and they are pretty close to sticker to be honest. Used will be rare
..so Id say you'd get top dollar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reason for selling is personal. I love the car. It's what I expected and perhaps more. I am an anomaly on this forum in that I was an early Tesla adopter. I have driven electric for the last five years. I know, it sounds crazy that I'd go from tree hugging to gas guzzling. After tracking my gas for the last six weeks, I see that I am paying now about what I'd pay for a super high-end premium Tesla. With the tax credit and theoretical environmental benefits, I am considering going back to Tesla.

Very unusual around here, I realize...

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Reason for selling is personal. I love the car. It's what I expected and perhaps more. I am an anomaly on this forum in that I was an early Tesla adopter. I have driven electric for the last five years. I know, it sounds crazy that I'd go from tree hugging to gas guzzling. After tracking my gas for the last six weeks, I see that I am paying now about what I'd pay for a super high-end premium Tesla. With the tax credit and theoretical environmental benefits, I am considering going back to Tesla.

Very unusual around here, I realize...

I am hoping gas prices will go down when more and more electric cars flood market so I am here for long haul. That being said, I can’t fault you for your reasoning because I am barely getting 9 miles per gallon now!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I drive 104 highway miles to work once a week. Busy roads mean steady speeds. I put it in auto and Econ and I’m getting almost 16mpg averaging 75mph.
On the way home, very late at night, with the highway to myself, I’m averaging 13mpg.
Around town it’s about 11.
I buy fuel cards from Publix when they sell them, and get an instant 20% discount.
I love this vehicle and wouldn’t consider anything else. My dogs, RC planes, wife and kids all fit in comfortably. It’s fantastic.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You are going to get killed. Personally speaking (but I don't think it's far off) I wouldn't buy a used TH for anything more than $10,000 under the invoice price of that spec'd TH. Less than that, and I might as well buy a brand new one at those prices and it be completely my own from the start.

1. You can find invoice easily on a brand new.
2. You can find 2% under invoice on a brand new if you know where to look.
3. You can't trade a vehicle on someone's private party sale to reduce cost.
4. No trade could drastically increase your taxes on the vehicle when you register, to the tune of thousands of dollars.
5. There's probably some form of financing going on for 99% of buyers and the interest rate will be lower on the new financing generally by at least 1%.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with all of the above. That said, I think $10k under MSRP is reasonable, and represents the cost of driving it for two months plus stupidity factor.

That said, I love the car and would be perfectly happy in it long term.

Appreciate all the thoughts.

·
Registered
Trackhawk On Order
42 Posts
FYI - as a potential comparison, there is a very low mile used TH at Elite Autos in Arkansas. The web address is https://www.eliteautosllc.com. Shelby is the owner and he might be a potential buyer. I've purchased and sold some vehicles from him and he seems to be more fair than a typical dealer. He gave me $5k more on an Aston Martin than my local dealer and picked the vehicle up. Just a thought.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's great to know. Thanks!

I have a buyer on eBay. That said, I'll believe it when I have actual cash in hand....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still working on finalizing the sale. The buyer has a right to first refusal if someone else wants to buy it at a different price. Please see the attached for details on the vehicle (which has a few unique features). Unique Trackhawk For Sale

1 - 15 of 15 Posts