Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Funny to hear all this about biodiesel. I ran b100 in my TDI (with a PD, not common rail, engine) and I never had issues with too much oil in the crankcase. I ran it for every season but winter when I switched to b20. Over 5 years and nearly 80k miles worth. Are the CRD and PD engines that different? I'd be interested to hear what TDI guys are doing since I believe they are now common rail diesels, correct?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Here ya go:

2007+ Diesel Emissions & Biodiesel; Not All That Rosy | Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog

I've had a couple TDI and CRD engines (in a VW and a Merc). And I ran B100 in them just fine and was ready to buy one of these little processors to make my own happy juice.

...right up until I read this article.

You could still run a higher B value diesel, but you will have to keep a close eye on your oil and change it often (unless the Jeep engine is rigged up differently, but I can't find much info on that front).
Ouch. Sounds harsh but also like there could be a solution in the future. For now, I'll be avoiding any biodiesel. I mean, when I finally get to actually drive my yet-to-be-ordered CRD. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.