Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
High Altitude
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im wondering if anyone makes a fuse style plug and play wire that I can hardwire my V! without cutting in to any wires, if not can anyone that has done this point me in the direction of the fuse used and places you ran the wire thanks

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Problem is the fuse box is under the hood. You really don't want to run wires out there, through firewall etc, if you don't have to. More likely to get flagged by service tech too.

I've installed several Radar Detectors including a V1 into 3 WK2's.

This is where I like to "tap" switched 12V power. No need to "cut" wires. But you will add a tap (included with new V1). It's very clean and very easy to remove and service will never see it.

How to get switched 12V 20A switched power for Accessories - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

You can tap power at the mirror. I've done it on a 2014 but it was not easy, not much slack to work with. I thought I posted a thread on that but can't find it.

You can also buy "mirror" tap kits specifically for the V1, but I've never used one. If you go that route you need to decide up front if you want run V1 accessories, because they make a special tap for V1 + Accessories.

You can run the power wire up over the glove box (very easy) and up along the door gasket. You can pull the door gasket out. It's not glued or anything. Then run the wire over the headliner. It's fairly easy to "fish" over from top of door to the ceiling center console. I recommend removing the connector and putting a new one back on. It can get caught on things otherwise.

Here is a thread someone pointed me to, to run wires up along the door.
http://jeepgarage.org/f190/dash-cams-down-under-77426-7.html#post1066191

Get the V1 Bluetooth Dongle and run my App when your done, it's the only way to run the V1 ;)

·
Registered
High Altitude
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in your 12 v thread your pictures are not working bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts